Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want to tour Caif. marijuana cafes on vacation

Want to tour Caif. marijuana cafes on vacation

Hi all 420 friendly friends in California. My next vaction I want to see some of the great California head shops that I have seen on CNN. What is the best city to visit for this marijuana tour experience ? I would like to go to San Francisco and was wondering since I wasn't a resident and obviously disabled will I have any difficulties not having a script from a local doctor to get a card as a tourist. Any suggestions ?? Thanks you guys are all the best !!!!

Yes you will have a lot of issue. No shop will sell you weed unless you have an official paper (that expires every year) or a weed card (which you can't get unless you have the paper in the first place.) Medical dispensaries are very strict on their rules because they constantly get raided by cops and if they slip up once they can all be prosecuted.

Also another issue is you don't have a California license. I have a paper saying I can legally buy it but because I still am waiting for my California license to come in only a few medical dispensaries will even let me buy there. I even have proof I applied for a California license from the DMV and they still don't sometimes let me in some places.

Also even 420 evaluations (which get you the paper/card) are hard to get without a California license as well.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Cory,
    Thanks for the quick info,bummer !! I had heard that for $50.00 you can buy a script from an in house doc at a dispensary. I have been smoking pot since before I was injured and that is 43 years. To us old pot heads those dispensaries look better than Baskin Robbins lol...................Mike

Go to Oakland and visit Oaksterdam!

Gpbullock I am from Florida and I know Oakland is near San Francisco. What is Oaksterdam which has analogy to Amsterdam. Could you be more descriptive ?? ,
    Thanks,
    Mike

GP I answered my own question doing a google and WOW wasI I surprised. Any of you guys go to the canabis clubs in Oaksterdam ?? They have a 1000 new visitors a week and I am sure most are tourists with no medical script. Cory, maybe a place to checkout and add to your adventures and blog !!!

Yes, I would say your best chance at getting in, and possibly the best club anywhere would be Oaksterdam. The owner is a paraplegic.

However, I would imagine they will still require a Dr.'s recommendation but they can do that on site, not sure on the ID situation but it can't hurt to ask.

Impossible without a california ID or proof of residency. Even if you got a doctors note, you need a california ID as the law only applies to californians, first thing the dispensaires will ask you for....is your ID.

GP and Imight much thanks for the information. I know when there is a will there is a way lol....... I have some old friends from Brooklyn who live in Oakland and we recently made contact on facebook. Can I just window shop in a dispensary or do I need be a resident for that also ??
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    Can I just window shop in a dispensary or do I need be a resident for that also ??
    You can't even go in a dispensary without a card.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama