Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hmmm maybe I should audition for American Idol.... Thoughts??

Quote Originally Posted by bcsimpsons View Post
    Ok so after catching a clip from Chris Medina's American Idol audition last night and listening to his back story, I got thinking.... heck if a contestant gets all of this support for helping his fiance' who has a TBI how much support would an actual contestant with an SCI receive? Any comments/thoughts?

Becky
    Ya go for it I might be able to help you with one of the judges.
    ^^(A)^^

Actually my wife and I have met Steven Tyler and the rest of Aerosmith several times on stage, back stage both before and after shows and they are very wheelchair friendly. Someone in the band I believe it's Tom Hamilton has a relative in a chair so they get it. As you saw in that episode of American Idol Steven Tyler was truly concerned and more than happy to greet that woman in the chair. I do think that contestant had a good voice and good enough to move on to LA despite his the background story.
    ^^(A)^^

Quote Originally Posted by darty View Post
    Actually my wife and I have met Steven Tyler and the rest of Aerosmith several times on stage, back stage both before and after shows and they are very wheelchair friendly. Someone in the band I believe it's Tom Hamilton has a relative in a chair so they get it. As you saw in that episode of American Idol Steven Tyler was truly concerned and more than happy to greet that woman in the chair. I do think that contestant had a good voice and good enough to move on to LA despite his the background story.
    Darty,
    First off, cool pic . Secondly, I completely agree!! I thought the contestant did a fantastic job. Mind you, I didn't see the competition so I don't know who was better then who or what not but from what I saw of his audition he absolutely had/has potential!

Becky
    T8-9 according to latest scoring.......
    since 1/3/04

I am the best at being me. No matter how that happens to be!!

Not meaning to be mean Becky but you still live at home with your mom and from your other posts here you are letting life pass you by... I have listened to you sing on youtube and you sing just as well as he does.

Take some chances and get out and live is all I am trying to say....It starts with leaving your comfort zone that includes mom. You have lots of potential. You can do anything you want. Just make a plan and follow through...

Truly did not mean for my post to start a shit storm but you asked.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Not meaning to be mean Becky but you still live at home with your mom and from your other posts here you are letting life pass you by... I have listened to you sing on youtube and you sing just as well as he does.

Take some chances and get out and live is all I am trying to say....It starts with leaving your comfort zone that includes mom. You have lots of potential. You can do anything you want. Just make a plan and follow through...

Truly did not mean for my post to start a shit storm but you asked.
    DD- I asked because I was/am interested for the answer. Thanks for providing one. I do disagree with you however! Yes I do still live with my parents. Yes I know that many here and others live on their own and that's fantastic. I have chosen to stay with my parents so that I don't have to worry about finding a place, getting acquainted to living on my own, and finishing up undergrad and grad school. I graduate from undergrad next may and then two years of grad school and I'll be done with school and can get myself a job which will hopefully bring in more money so that I can get myself a place. My mother/family is by no means my comfort zone. They are a necessity at this point if I am going to be successful in completing school.

As you can see, I have/have had a plan. Some plans take years to complete though! I guess everybody's idea of letting life pass you by is different.

Again, thanks for answering my question.

Becky
    since 1/3/04

go for it, that would be awesome

So can I have a Youtube link please?
    I've never heard you sing, Becky!

I'd hate for them to criticize you ... you're a sensitive soul.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by keps View Post
    So can I have a Youtube link please?
    I've never heard you sing, Becky!
    Keps,
    I didnt put it on youtube. I posted a link here actually about 18 months ago. Im assuming its still accessible!

Becky
    since 1/3/04

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    I'd hate for them to criticize you ... you're a sensitive soul.
    Thanks for your concern! I had thought about that too and actually I think that if I am going to audition for other companies when Im done with school why not just go for it !

Becky
    since 1/3/04