Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OK... Invol from Hell...

cause it is.

I know, but I feel bad for laughing when I know darn well when it happens to David I am holding my breath, gagging and wondering why me???... it aint' funny one bit. But reading others its hilarious. I guess maybe cause I aint the one cleaning it up this time.

God McDuff... Yes, Don has been there and luckily we don't have the invols to wake up to very often!
    And yes, you have to have a sense of humor... or I would be on the front page of the paper "Wife murders husband" LOL!

No worries MSWife, that was why I posted, I think humor is as needed as food. The old, if I didn't laugh I would cry, comes to mind in these situations.

Ergvepeog, in our house it's:

wife: I'm going to kill you.
    me: Crip Abuse!, Crip Abuse! (fake hollering)
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

I have a "temp" colostomy because of the large (not so much anymore) wound that I got at the Nursing facility after my accident. My nurse keeps asking if I am going to have it reversed and at first I was like YES...but now that I have gotten very good/ used to having the bag o shit on my stomach, It is MUCH easier than the bowel program that I was doing in rehab. It doesnt really bother me, cause I keep it nice and clean and hardly have any accidents. She says I would feel more "normal" if I had it reversed...I said...Try scraping the shit out of your ass and always wondering if you are gonna poop yourself. My caregiver is also my best friend and I know/cant really ask him to do that! So to make life easier, I think I will keep it. Any thoughts? thanks, dougie

Hi Dougie, I have temp colostomy right now as well. Had ischial flap on Jan 7th and got it to help the healing process go smoother. I was freaked out the first few days but I am totally digging it now. I haven't had any leaks or accidents. It very clean and easy to take care of. It kind of forces you to manage your diet better as well. I'm strongly considering keeping it as well. No one has to know if you take care of it properly. I'm looking forward to the peace of mind while on long motorcycle trips with my husband, camping, boating and everything else that would normally stress me out with out a bathroom close by. Good luck to you!
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

I live alone and am a T4 para. I have to admit that I don't have many invols at all, for which I'm grateful.
    One night a few months ago I did poop the bed. It was dreadful. I have a bed I can get on in the spare bedroom, so after two hours of clearing me and the bed up as best I could (and the bedroom wasn't finished, but I was so tired), I slept on the spare bed.
    Then had to have help washing the mattress (poo water had filtered through). I now sleep on a mattress protector. I haven't pooped the bed since, but I have peed a few times, so it's been useful.

McDuff.... Don always tells me "crip abuse!" LOL!
    keps.... We now use a waterproof mattress pad, and a washable pad on top of the bottom sheet and that seems to work pretty well...

Quote Originally Posted by ergvepeog View Post
    McDuff.... Don always tells me "crip abuse!" LOL!
    keps.... We now use a waterproof mattress pad, and a washable pad on top of the bottom sheet and that seems to work pretty well...
    Dave sticks his lip out and says "sure, pick on the cripple." We tell him that paybacks are a bitch.

[QUOTE=ergvepeog;1317584]McDuff.... Don always tells me "crip abuse!" LOL!

Thats funny...my friend says its not crip abuse, but a game. Some people will stare at him very wierd, but others get the joke.