Thread: Full & bloated after eating small amounts

Full & bloated after eating small amounts

My stomach gets bigger while i'm eating and i feel bloated or pressure after I have eaten. I have developed quite the quad belly over the years
    I Any ideas

Are you drinking with a straw? This can cause you to swallow a lot of air, causing stomach bloating. It is also common to have slower stomach emptying after a higher SCI, so having more frequent but smaller meals may help. Some people need to take Reglan to help with this, but it is not a good idea generally to be on this drug long-term.

A quad belly is most often caused by the weight of the abdominal organs stretching out a paralyzed abdominal wall. Prevention, by use of an abdominal binder whenever out of bed, is one the the best ways to manage this. It is rarely due to obesity.

(KLD)

No straw, just a water bottle

Thanks for the info, I look like et, skinny upper half and a big pot belly. Will my stomach just keep getting bigger, you would think it would stop at some point

See the belly, respect the belly... Love the belly!

I have been reducing my food intake gradually since my June 09 injury... I have started trying to remove all gluten and sugar from my diet, but my belly just does not want to go away.
    I also look like ET, and it is very very frustrating.
    I have swallowed my pride and bought a couple of binders from amazon (squeem rubber and rubber/cotton, first is fab, second not tight enough), and it helps a lot.
    At least I can wear a tshirt and look decent.
    If I could lose the belly, I would.
    Am even looking at lipo. Extreem. Yes. But ego boosting!

how about drinking beer? does it makes the stomach bigger..

You may have a condition called 'achalasia'. It's when the lower oesophageal sphincter is tight and food/drink gets held up and doesn't pass into the stomach as it should.
    I have the problem, also my oesophageal peristalsis is slow. It all makes eating/drinking a complex business.

I also have the big belly problem, tried the binder thing but found it very uncomfortable.