Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any suggestions for a new chair?

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    english is not his 1st language. i thought he was saying," it's not an Oracing either, it's an Icon". i thought he had some inside info, i wish i could get one soon
    I can tell you with certainty that an Icon chair is more than 1 month (+/-) away from being available for purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Normal, i chair with 4.5 dump is just for a quad with antitipss.
    mine is only 3.5" dump....the problem is i'm a t9, but with no trunk control at all...i do feel comfortable in more dump.i spec myself and this feels nice.

i didnt take not of the geometry.i have no idea how wheelchair dimension works anyway...if only someone would make a dedicated thread for that, for the most pushing efficiency, that would be easy...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    sorry.

will it be for sale soon?
    Yep, is not going to be free.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    I can tell you with certainty that an Icon chair is more than 1 month (+/-) away from being available for purchase.
    No Oracing.
    No icon.

What they are asking Toto, is it going to be available to purchase in 1 month or just announced. Sort of like the Icon has been announced, but is not yet available to purchase.

So in one month can some one purchase the chair you know about or will they still have to wait 6 more months before they are actually able to order one?
    Most everything I say is

Thanks Stephen: the newly designed X-Cores weight only 3.5 pounds.

And thanks Brianm: I'll for sure check on getting a loaner to use, possibly while they are making my chair. I'm not 100% sold on the Aero Z, but for now it's in the lead.

PS: Good luck in your hunt exqusit1~~~ there's a lot of really cool chairs out there. Have fun in the hunt and the rest will fall into place.

I had a Q2 loaner for several months, then orderd my own AeroZ after much research and guidance on this site. I've been in the Z about 3 months, and love it. Mine is loaded with accessories though, so it weighs in at about 37# before I add my personal stuff. I can stand and walk a bit, and I lift the Z into my van by myself while standing, so I don't need the super light weight of titanium (or 7000 aluminum).

Here is a link to my 4-week review of my Z. I would order several minor things differently were I to do it over again, but the fit, finish, handling, build-quality, etc are superb.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by Daraby View Post
    Thanks Stephen: the newly designed X-Cores weight only 3.5 pounds.
    Does that include push rim, inner tube and tire? Who provided the weight information?

My friend has the newly designed x-cores...went down one curb...not even that high...and it exploded. He only weighs about 100 pounds...so I do not think it was his weight. Just thought I would put that out there.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

3.5 with axle, pushrim, tube and tire would be incredibly light. If only the rim, that is heavy.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.