Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cushion smell

cushion smell

I change my cushion cover often and wash it and use my extra, rotating them. Any tips or advice to get rid of the sweat smell out of my cushion?

I have a varilite evolution cushion

For temporary, try Fabreeze. I've had to soak and wash cushions. Also check the back upholstery.

I spray my cushion with Lysol every night, plus change cover once a week with clean one at which time I also have my J2 wiped down with disinfectant wipes, seems to work real well.

Quote Originally Posted by baldfatdad
    For temporary, try Fabreeze. I've had to soak and wash cushions. Also check the back upholstery.
    x2. great stuff. I even use it on my back and seat upholstery. keeps everything smelling fresh.

Thanks, guess I was unsure bc I didnt want to "mask" the smell... and have it worse off.

I put white vinegar in with the wash and all the smells seem gone. I started using it when I had a moldy smell in my bath towels and washing wouldn't make it go away. One wash with vinegar and it was completely gone. Add it every time now and it's cheap.

Take the cushion itself (uncovered) in the shower with you and wash it with soap (body wash, whatever). Let it air dry.

I have a Varilite Evolution as well. The cover goes in the washing machine, the cushion goes in the shower w/ me.

Varilite cushions are made by Cascade Designs; they make mattresses for camping out of the same material that get wet all the time (brand: Therm-a-Rest). Don't be fearful of soaking it.

If your using a Roho ,spend the extra money for the HD Cover ,they're not cheap but a spill will run right off .Your chair will still get some ,but not near the hassle.................

What's the HD cover? I have a ROHO and I didn't notice that option when I bought it.