Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Racing chair. Which one?

Racing chair. Which one?

Hi.
    I want to buy a racing chair, but know nothing about them.
    I m a t6 complete, very active, and want to be able to race and compete.
    Being in dubai, I have nobody to advise me on the matter.
    So....
    Which chair?
    Kneeling or lying?
    Tips on what to include and what to exclude when buying...

Thanks.

Ck

You must be talking about a handcycle. There is no such thing as a "lying" race chair. If, in fact, you are looking for a race chair, a kneeler probably would not be appropriate at T6. If you are looking for a handcycle, again a kneeler at T6, probably not appropriate. If you want a handcycle maybe look for bikes that give you an option to adjust angle of recline, also one that is easy to transfer in and out of. If you will be training on city streets with lots of traffic - you are less visible and have less good vision as you recline more. If you like handcycling your 1st handcycle will not be your last, 1st one should be comfortable and allow easy transfer.

It's true, there is no such thing as a "lying" race chair - but I would disagree that a T6 shouldn't get a kneeler - almost everyone "kneels" in racers now.

There is a good club in Al Ain that does a big road and track race every year.

For a racing chair brand, I'd say Top End is the clear leader.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    It's true, there is no such thing as a "lying" race chair - but I would disagree that a T6 shouldn't get a kneeler - almost everyone "kneels" in racers now.
    I also agree with this. There are very few elite racers who uses a footplate. They are all in kneelers...the positioning is more aerodynamic.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Is he talking about a race chair or a handcycle. I reaize most use the kneeling position for a r. chair but never heard of a T/6 using a kneeler handcycle.

Guys.
    I use a reclining hand bike (gforce r), and am now looking for a racing chair.
    I see that there is the option for kneeling or standard...
    Therefore my question.
    I realize now that it will b very difficult - and risky- to buy a racing chair without ever having tried one. Specially when it comes to the measurements.
    Will try to find a solution....

Most elite users have a kneeling racer. However, if you have feeling in your legs, you may want to look at the standard one since the kneeling one requires you to sit on top of your lower legs.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by ckhouri View Post
    Hi.
    I want to buy a racing chair, but know nothing about them.
    I m a t6 complete, very active, and want to be able to race and compete.
    Being in dubai, I have nobody to advise me on the matter.
    So....
    Which chair?
    Kneeling or lying?
    Tips on what to include and what to exclude when buying...

Thanks.

Ck
    With a T6 don`t go for a kneeling, you need something like this for been lying, where you could adjust the backrest like you want because is your first one.

Brands? Top end, Oracing, Shmicking ...

Quote Originally Posted by ckhouri View Post
    to buy a racing chair without ever having tried one. Specially when it comes to the measurements.
    Will try to find a solution....
    Contact Oracing, tell them you are morcillo`s friend, they will give you a solution, they will ask you for some measurements of your body and it will be done to that measurements, you could see your handbike before is done in 3D.
    Last edited by totoL1; 01-24-2011 at 05:32 PM.

Toto- I do not think he is looking for a handcycle...but a racing chair. He stated he already had a handcycle...

I could be wrong...but...that is what I got from what he posted.

Folks. Thanks for the input.
    So it's a kneeling... Ok. At least i have something to start with.
    I have however been advised to try it before I shed my precious 5k on the racing chair...
    So now gotta convince the boss that I've * got * to go to Europe to see that customer... And book a weekend in which I cld try a chair, and take my measurements.
    Guess I'll concentrate on my hand bike for now.
    @toto1: sweet ride. Looks beautiful. Will check those guys out.