Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: ZRA S2 Arrived

Quote Originally Posted by laidbacklen View Post
    Can someone clear the bugging question, will it impedes transfers...
    How this could impedes your transfers? If some brand put them forward the wheels probably yes, but if you `ve got them profile to the wheel all is perfect.

Here you`ve got a pic where you can see how some brand fendered`s sideguards came, and i profile them to the wheels.
    Last edited by totoL1; 02-01-2011 at 06:24 AM.

SCI_OTR, you are good!
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

The weight could also just be getting used to the weight distribution. I know when I first got my ZRA after having only boxed frames it was much lighter but the weight was placed differently so I was awkward when lifting it for awhile. About a year later I went to do something with the old A4 I'd had and it felt like lifting a tank.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    The weight could also just be getting used to the weight distribution.
    This was my first thought as well. Different shape, different weight distribution, different technique. Depending on how you pick it up, folder might have the center of gravity closer to your body as you lift, vs a fixed-frame. More leverage might make it feel lighter, even though it is technically heavier.

It all comes down to how you grab it. In six months you and your wife will have a technique down and you'll wonder how you ever got along with your old chair.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    How this could impedes your transfers? If some brand put them forward the wheels probably yes, but if you `ve got them profile to the wheel all is perfect.

Here you`ve got a pic where you can see how some brand fendered`s sideguards came, and i profile them to the wheels.
    Thanks toto for the pic. Mighty relieved now.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post

seems like you have many wheelchair, profile is a good idea.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    seems like you have many wheelchair, profile is a good idea.
    I just got two(GTX,Oracing) the others are my friend`s chairs.

Finally have time to check this thread again. Was away for the Chinese New Year celebrations that began on 3 February.

TexasWheelz, taziar - After a week, my wife is getting the hang of lifting the chair and place it in the boot.

SCI_OTR - You were spot on with the seat depth. When you asked about the distance between seat and knee, I said 2.5". That is actually the gap at the top of the cushion to the knee. When I realised there is a difference, I measured again and the gap between the seat upholstery and my calf is just 1" +-0.25" A seat any longer would be rubbing against my calf. One thing good about the tension adjustable by straps seat is that if the depth is too much, I can just remove one of the straps or push them further back and I can get a seat that is 1" shallower.

As for the other question about splaying of the thighs, I noticed that there is some after a few days. The cushion must have sunk a little or maybe the seat straps may have loosened. The straps slacked after 2 days of use. I will retighten the seat straps again and if that fails, I will lower the footrest by 0.5" or slightly more.

The backrest creaks every time I shift my weight. 3 days after I first used the chair, I noticed that the left locking stud was not resting flat on the plate. I thought it was bent. Turned out that it was very loose. It was tightened but the creaking is still there every time I lean back. Looks like I need the new backrest hardware too.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

The two things that bug me most now are the creaking of the backrest mechanism and the inability to reposition the handle of the uni-lock. The screws of the backrest are screwed on as tight as they can be but it still creaks.

The wheel lock handles are now pointing up at locked position. It gets in the way when I transfer. A 3/8" wrench is needed for unscrewing the handles. For some reasons, most of the wrenches in Malaysia are in metric. I have searched high and low and managed to find a set of SAE wrenches at Ace Hardware that costs US$100. I am certainly not going to pay that amount for just one wrench for that one-time adjustment. I have to search harder for that elusive 3/8".

Woe is me.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    The two things that bug me most now are the creaking of the backrest mechanism and the inability to reposition the handle of the uni-lock. The screws of the backrest are screwed on as tight as they can be but it still creaks.

The wheel lock handles are now pointing up at locked position. It gets in the way when I transfer. A 3/8" wrench is needed for unscrewing the handles. For some reasons, most of the wrenches in Malaysia are in metric. I have searched high and low and managed to find a set of SAE wrenches at Ace Hardware that costs US$100. I am certainly not going to pay that amount for just one wrench for that one-time adjustment. I have to search harder for that elusive 3/8".

Woe is me.
    Surely you can find SAE wrenches online for less than that?
    Woe indeed!