Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Suggestions for new chair

  1. #1
    Senior Member medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New London, WI USA
    Posts
    1,144

    Suggestions for new chair

    I am in need of a new chair. I would love to have a light weight foldiing chair that feels like a rigid.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I do not use my chair full time but really need something sturdy and easy to get in and out of the car. Thanks for any suggestions.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by medic1 View Post
    I am in need of a new chair. I would love to have a light weight foldiing chair that feels like a rigid.
    Does anyone have any suggestions?
    I do not use my chair full time but really need something sturdy and easy to get in and out of the car. Thanks for any suggestions.
    By folding chair do you mean an "X"-framed folder where the wheels come together, or a chair where the back folds down to the seat?

    There are already dozens (maybe hundreds) of posts that relate to this question. You might consider searching for them and then return back with more product-specific questions.
    Last edited by stephen212; 01-23-2011 at 11:34 AM.

  3. #3
    the only folding chair that was made to feel like a rigid was the quickie gtx and they don't make them anymore i think i got the last one made. it only took 2 years. the thing i liked about it it folded in half and the back folded down like the rigid.
    Street Dreamz c.c. maryland

  4. #4
    Senior Member medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New London, WI USA
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    By folding chair do you mean an "X"-framed folder where the wheels come together, or a chair where the back folds down to the seat?

    There are already dozens (maybe hundreds) of posts that relate to this question. You might consider searching for them and then return back with more product-specific questions.
    Sorry, the x framed folder is the one I am looking for. Will try a search.

    So the little bit of research I looked at so for I am thinking rigid might be the way to go. I want something solid, and as long as the back folds down and the wheels come off I should not have a problem transporting it.
    Last edited by medic1; 01-23-2011 at 12:55 PM.

  5. #5
    I'm in the same situation you are in with respect to not being a full time user and I use a cantilevered rigid frame (TiLite ZRc). The key question would be how much are you looking to spend?


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by cripple4life View Post
    the only folding chair that was made to feel like a rigid was the quickie gtx and they don't make them anymore i think i got the last one made. it only took 2 years. the thing i liked about it it folded in half and the back folded down like the rigid.
    i had it, was ok. We can still buy it in Europe.

  7. #7
    Senior Member medic1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    New London, WI USA
    Posts
    1,144
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    I'm in the same situation you are in with respect to not being a full time user and I use a cantilevered rigid frame (TiLite ZRc). The key question would be how much are you looking to spend?
    My insurance is pretty good about paying for what I need. Usually as long as I have the script and medical necessity, the work comp pays for it. Price is not too big of a deal, obviously they wont pay for the rolls royce, but as long as I can show why this chair is the one I need, I should be ok.

  8. #8
    The TiLite 2GX is a folder that is fairly rigid-feeling. It's a little heavier than a rigid, but only by a couple pounds.

Similar Threads

  1. Beach chair suggestions
    By h2othomas in forum Recreation, Sports, Travel, & Hobbies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-30-2010, 02:21 PM
  2. Beach chair suggestions
    By h2othomas in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 06:42 PM
  3. Chair Suggestions, Please
    By LaMemChose in forum Equipment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
  4. New chair suggestions please
    By Cachuma in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-29-2006, 02:05 PM
  5. Suggestions for a Chair
    By MikeC in forum Life
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 08:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •