Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medistem Inc STEM CELL INSTITUTE - Spinal Cord Injury Patient after Stem Cell Treatm

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

Medistem Inc STEM CELL INSTITUTE - Spinal Cord Injury Patient after Stem Cell Treatm

Spinal Cord Injury Patient after Stem Cell Treatment
    - Juan Carlos Murillo
    cell medicine
    Medistem Inc
    STEM CELL INSTITUTE
    http://www.cellmedicine.com/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEVLCCaSacQ

This looks Promising

I have been looking at there treatments on there site but they dont treat stroke i am thinking of contacting them lots of MS patients have been to them also. It looks hopeful for people. Who knows though without going and having it yourself as we are all so different. Good for the ones they have helped like the video you posted.

It's shame that this guy seems to be their only poster child. Dr Thomas Ichim did mention that he would try and get some more data from the other participants. No news as of yet from him.

The fact that an L1 injury is their example doesnt help the clarity either. As we know now lumbosacral injuries are quite complex (damage to CNS and spinal roots, neuron loss etc) - and no doubt even more difficult to measure outcomes.

@Thomas, if you're reading, we would love to see more data for the other patients.

Also, check this out: http://justin.tv/thelatestwith/b/277912406

Fly Pelican Fly

Yes, I am happy that the guy with the L1 SCI can walk. That's great for him, but like Fly Pelican Fly says, it's a shame that he is their only poster child and I would love to see more data, too.
    Even if they said here is a complete list of all the patients, their injury level and ASIA scores and then wrote what their improvements were after each stem cell therapy, I would be happy.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete
    Friend just passed this on to me.

So I've done some research.

It seems from your history that these clinics are owned by your father, Neil Riordan. It also seems that you wrote his wikipedia entry.

According to that entry, he has owned three clinics. The first, in the Bahamas, uses processes that would be illegal in the US to treat cancer victims with unproven and unreliable methods. EDIT: Just to be clear, they push the idea that high doses of Vitamin C can cure cancer.

The second was in Costa Rica, and was recently closed due to what the cellmedicine.com website describes as a 'hazy regulatory atmosphere.' That said, it's clear from the tone of the press release that your father's clinic was in some sort of legal trouble. Whether that's because he was acting unethically or because Costa Rica's laws just changed is up in the air.

The third clinic is the one he owns now, which operates out of Panama. It makes claims that it can cure diabetes, spinal cord injuries, arthritis, heart failure, MDS, cerebral palsy, multiple sclerosis, and many other diseases solely with localized injections of adult and embryonic (umbilical) stem cells. It also provides a few shaky videos, some brief anecdotal evidence, and some papers that have been published in low-profile medical journals.

In short, this is a scam.

Stemcells & Fly,

The apparent reversal of paralysis in just one patient is not hugely convincing. This is however the first video I have seen in which the chap actually walks. OK, the gait is a little odd, but what the hell, he appears to be completely self reliant.

These "singular" instances, (assuming that this was not a scam) indicate that there may be a possibility that cure may depend on the application of several different types of therapy.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

guys, bottom line; if this is a successful treatment; the news would be inundated iwth this on all stations. People would be flocking to the wherever they adminsiter the cure. It ain't happening. I knwo,as we all do, that Geron and Wise are following protocol and are moving along. I only hope that positve rewsults are found in each project. I belive that more genuine projects will begin in 2011. We'ree heading int he right direction with the right projects in place. Incidentally, you guys might want t o look up Stem Cell Inc and look at video of CEO. Very interesting.

Good luck to all
    keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    It's shame that this guy seems to be their only poster child. Dr Thomas Ichim did mention that he would try and get some more data from the other participants. No news as of yet from him.

The fact that an L1 injury is their example doesnt help the clarity either. As we know now lumbosacral injuries are quite complex (damage to CNS and spinal roots, neuron loss etc) - and no doubt even more difficult to measure outcomes.

@Thomas, if you're reading, we would love to see more data for the other patients.

Also, check this out: http://justin.tv/thelatestwith/b/277912406

Fly Pelican Fly
    thank you for this reminder ! let me email now again and see what i can get !

did you guys like my video ? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by thomasichim View Post

Thanks Thomas. Much appreciated. Keep up the good work.

SCI patient treated at Cellmedicine

Quote Originally Posted by thomasichim View Post

Hi Guys, this is the information I got. I bet if you contact the clinic directly they can give you more information

"Here is the information, it is an aprox number but I think is important to say all patients response different to the cell therapy. The improvements in each patient is different, some of them improved in sexual functions, some others in bladder control, bowel control, sensitivity and motor func.
    We treated around 50 patients with the stem cell therapy. Around 40 with allogenic UC stem cells only and 10 with allogenic UC and bone marrow(this is our protocol right now).
    We have seen any kind of improvements in 80% of the patients, but we have to be clear that the patients that received more than one treatment almost 95% of them show significant improvement in different areas.
    If you need more info please let me know. If you want we can catch up on the phone some of this days and we can discuss everything about the patients and their improvements"