Thread: Nose Cells

Nose Cells

20 January 2011

A new clinical trial which will inject cells from the nose into spinal injury patients is giving hope to those with debilitating conditions.

Six individuals with spinal injury in New Zealand will have a transplant of tissue from their nose to the site of the spinal injury while another six will undergo surgery so the differences in results can be seen.

read....

http://www.seriousinjurylaw.co.uk/ne...nal-injury.php

"However, not everyone is as positive about the upcoming trial, with some saying the $1 million invested in the study would be better spent on caring for people with spinal injury."

Logical thinking fail. (Corruption mode wins?)
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    "However, not everyone is as positive about the upcoming trial, with some saying the $1 million invested in the study would be better spent on caring for people with spinal injury."

They are wrong, the best way is clinical trials to get the cure. they are caring for people always. no trials no cure, and we stuck on the chair for ever. What to they know, it sucks to be paralyzed.

manouli.

I've heard that they will also be trying this type of stem cell trial here in Osaka but I'm still trying to get the details.
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

However, not everyone is as positive about the upcoming trial, with some saying the $1 million invested in the study would be better spent on caring for people with spinal injury.
    Outrageous statement. If I heard someone say that in person, I'd
    lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    Outrageous statement. If I heard someone say that in person, I'd
    lose it.
    Me too. Some people never felt the "agony" and are stupid enough to ignore other people´s suffering. That´s how i see it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post

I have difficulties with this view also. This kind of logic, if applied in fact, would prolong the time to some kind of cure, and the £1m spent on caring for those with SCI would double, and so on.

A more practical way of caring would be only a partial reversal of the injury, if it provided definite function improvement and in particular the abolition of neural pain. Even this less than ideal solution would be a giant leap forward for persons who were told that they faced a life sentence to a wheel chair.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Sure, IMHO it's a stupid statement and a stupid logic. And it's the kind of logic that the CDRF has fallen into too much, and they are not the only ones.

It's a destructive way of thinking that describes the poor mind of the people saying this. And of course, leaves us in our beloved wheelchairs.

Why cure SCI if we can give them basket wheelchair and painkillers? Look at them how happy they are with those. And they don't seem to give a damn about it either...
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

sorry if I misread this, but how is it different from what Lima already does?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature