Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marathon Plus EVO splitting sidewalls..........

Marathon Plus EVO splitting sidewalls..........

wasn't there a post about this say 8 months ago? just noticed my sidewalls are splitting between the lettering and the tread. couldnt find it, can anyone send me a link or info? anyone else encountered this lately? as you can see these Pups dont have many miles on them. never more than 140 PSI. got'em from sportaid last year but just started regular use.

I have a pair from last year, they have quite a bit of use but are splitting pretty bad like yours are. Incurred my first flat last night because of it.

Mine started doing that after a year or so. Schwalbe says it happens if you don't run full pressure and be sure to top it off at least weekly. My oldest set is cracked all the way around both tires. They will be 4 years old this summer.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Mine started doing that after a year or so. Schwalbe says it happens if you don't run full pressure and be sure to top it off at least weekly. My oldest set is cracked all the way around both tires. They will be 4 years old this summer.
    so, no need to worry? i just emailed them......how u been anyway

Very guilty here of saggy wheels, makes total sense.
    Thx for passing the tip.

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic View Post
    Very guilty here of saggy wheels, makes total sense.
    Thx for passing the tip.
    i keep mine tight although they did sit for awhile off the chair. just recently put them back on because of snow and the need for some extra traction

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    so, no need to worry? i just emailed them......how u been anyway
    Those splits look deeper and wider than mine. I have a couple spots that bad, and a couple where there are 2 cracks, one right under the tread and one just over the lettering. I'm not worrying about it, though they must fail at some point. They are much easier to get on than other tires I've used so I don't mind changing every couple few years. I've been well, thanks. Not much going on this time of year. Trying to stay warm and dry. . Chair shopping, again. Waiting to see what Top End comes out with later this year.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Those splits look deeper and wider than mine. I have a couple spots that bad, and a couple where there are 2 cracks, one right under the tread and one just over the lettering. I'm not worrying about it, though they must fail at some point. They are much easier to get on than other tires I've used so I don't mind changing every couple few years. I've been well, thanks. Not much going on this time of year. Trying to stay warm and dry. . Chair shopping, again. Waiting to see what Top End comes out with later this year.
    kewl, same here, snow once a week and cold as hell. i too will be shopping for a new chair soon, keep us all posted.

Quote Originally Posted by BobMach View Post
    kewl, same here, snow once a week and cold as hell. i too will be shopping for a new chair soon, keep us all posted.
    How come? Your Marvel can't be much more than a year old. Did you get on Fuente's insurance plan?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    How come? Your Marvel can't be much more than a year old. Did you get on Fuente's insurance plan?
    the Marvel is fine and is holding up very well, that was a out of pocket chair. LOL, no Fuente Plan. my insurance allowable chair kicks in later on this year.