Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: QUADS! What Type of Free Weights are You Using?

Alrighty, krew99. I'll check out body building.com. Thanks!

Hi guys, think I have postd replies to some of you before but I am a C5/6 quad rugby player and wheelchair racer. I use our own products - Active Hands gripping aids. I have very little finger movement and strength but I am fine with a 10/12 kg (about 25lbs I think) dumbell in each hand doing various exercises. Hope that helps. We post worldwide if people are interested.
    Rob Smith
    C5/6 incomplete SCI
    Founder of Active Hands gripping aids. Improving independence for people with weak hand function.

anyone try out the 'active hands gripping aids'? besides active hands
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

i use reg dumbells with one hand (have norm. grip) other cant grip, use ankle/wrist weights, have a few different kinds,, one has removable weight bars inside...so it can be 0-10 lbs.....also put a versa grip on and vcan put a reg dumbell inside hook and velcro strap it in.....they are on the link below
    - Rolling Thru Life -

Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    Alrighty, krew99. I'll check out body building.com. Thanks!
    those haulin hooks work like a charm..for any pulling exercises (lats, rows) but yet to find a way to hold a 25lbs+ weight on my shitty hand
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

Quote Originally Posted by jerkens View Post
    those haulin hooks work like a charm..for any pulling exercises (lats, rows) but yet to find a way to hold a 25lbs+ weight on my shitty hand
    Yep, my problem too. I think I'll be hitting Home Depot here soon and build my own weight strap rig. If I figure something out, I'll share and our muscles will be beging for mercy. muahahahahahaaaaaaaa...! I hope anyway. I want some sexy muscles.

Quote Originally Posted by jerkens View Post
    Just got some Haulin Hooks in the mail today. LOVE them! I've been following this thread for couple days now. They work great for any pull exercises. Could only do 110 because the 210 I didn't have any GOOD way to hold on to the 210. Now I can do the 210 with not much trouble at all and pull my chair with brakes on. They WORK. 3 x 15 reps on each exercise that I do. Then moved to dumbbells which I couldn't do at all. Haulin Hooks are great!

interesting as i have been trying to find a way to do these weight machines but i just cant grip the handles.

but the big question is: has anyone used a shake weight?
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Depending on your level of injury Cryptic . I'm an C5 function around C7 on left side. Can't make a fist with my right hand due to trauma or bend at any joints other then the top knuckles. I have complete bi and tri function on both sides. If you are not able to post/put your hand above your head without your arm falling It wouldn't be worth the money. I don't know though but maybe.
    I have heard that the shake weight really goes off of your gripping ability to help contract those muscles. I still think they would still work well with good hand function or not!

I should make a trip to the store tomorrow and try a shake weight out, I'll let you know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by zwthomp View Post
    Depending on your level of injury Cryptic . I'm an C5 function around C7 on left side. Can't make a fist with my right hand due to trauma or bend at any joints other then the top knuckles. I have complete bi and tri function on both sides. If you are not able to post/put your hand above your head without your arm falling It wouldn't be worth the money. I don't know though but maybe.
    I have heard that the shake weight really goes off of your gripping ability to help contract those muscles. I still think they would still work well with good hand function or not!

I should make a trip to the store tomorrow and try a shake weight out, I'll let you know how it goes!
    yea that'd be great. despite the innuendos one can make with that thing (the infomercial does not help at all) an AB i met said she had used it and it did feel like it was doing some work
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/