Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Protein Shake = Diarrhea?

optimum nutrition gold standard

syntha 6

you want whey pre/post workout and casein for bed. im not a fan of soy at all.
    Last edited by fuentejps; 01-18-2011 at 06:45 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by drew82586 View Post
    See my ex always had the gnc whey, but I went in with a friend that was a girl and the lady had her change over to a different protient shake b/c the gnc whey was more benificial for a guy that was looking for protein for working out.
    Drew,

Here is a website called bodybuilding.com. Don't let the name turn you off. I just came across it. This page will explain to you the different types of protein etc. They are not advocating one over another really. But it might give you some ideas. I tend to go with what Nodecafplz ( i think thats your name) sorry. I have been drinking soy protein for years and years. Have a look, maybe it can help you decide what's best for you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/perfectprotein.htm

they of course sell things, but they discuss all protein drink sources as I say. Hope it is alright to post a website that also sells products. I'm not sure. If not, sorry. i don't buy from there, I just thought it might help you.
    Last edited by marycsm77; 01-18-2011 at 06:54 PM.

Optimum Nutrition Hydro Whey taste great. I drink it in the morning instead of chocolate milk. In the afternoons I got tired of plain water, lemonade, coke etc. so I mix their Amin.O. Energy with my water, it taste good too. I also take their Opti-Men multivitamin and they have an Opti-Woman multivitamin as well. I get it all from bodybuilding.com
    Life's perceived journey in this PMR is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy **** what a VR ride!"
    Pete C6/'97

Well, in that case, get your ass over here! LOL!

Seriously, the jury is out about the possible benefits/issues with women taking soy protein. I think it might be relative to stages of life but I'm not certain. You look hot so I'm thinking no worries just yet. (Lick)

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Drew,

Here is a website called bodybuilding.com. Don't let the name turn you off. I just came across it. This page will explain to you the different types of protein etc. They are not advocating one over another really. But it might give you some ideas. I tend to go with what Nodecafplz ( i think thats your name) sorry. I have been drinking soy protein for years and years. Have a look, maybe it can help you decide what's best for you.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/perfectprotein.htm

they of course sell things, but they discuss all protein drink sources as I say. Hope it is alright to post a website that also sells products. I'm not sure. If not, sorry. i don't buy from there, I just thought it might help you.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz View Post
    Well, in that case, get your ass over here! LOL!

Seriously, the jury is out about the possible benefits/issues with women taking soy protein. I think it might be relative to stages of life but I'm not certain. You look hot so I'm thinking no worries just yet. (Lick)
    um thank you, I think. Your avatar shows you to be quite attractive as well. However, I'm not "swimming in the lady pond" as they say, so I'm not sure about this.

um thank you, I think. Your avatar shows you to be quite attractive as well. However, I'm not "swimming in the lady pond" as they say, so I'm not sure about this.
    Having two older sisters, I am better at annoying than seducing. My apologies
    for coming across sexist and snarky. Here are some sources:

Firstly, people should note that most of the dangers of soy are observed in people who are allergic to soy. People allergic to soy can suffer from indigestion and disorders of the pancreas and the gastrointestinal tract on consuming soy protein and soy supplements. However, if people are not allergic to soy, they may not suffer from severe and immediate soy protein side effects. But, on the other hand, there are potential negative effects associated with soy protein which cannot be ignored. The following are some of the known or claimed soy protein powder side effects.

* One of the major side effects of soy is that it is believed to be associated with thyroid diseases. Soy contain a substance known as goitrogens which suppresses the function of thyroid, resulting in thyroid diseases.
    * Secondly, soy protein contains isoflavones which is believed to be a carcinogen, i.e., cancer causing agent which can give rise to cancer.
    * Another hydrolyzed soy protein side effects is that it is believed to reduce the levels of testosterone in males. It is also believed to lead to an imbalance in the estrogen-testosterone levels in men.
    * On the other hand, soy protein is also claimed to decrease sperm count in males. Men consuming soy have a lesser sperm concentration as compared to those not consuming it.
    * Lastly, one of the major soy protein or soy milk side effects in human beings is that it is believed to affect memory, leading to memory loss and forgetfulness.

These are some of the potential soy protein side effects that are believed to occur in people. It is also true that not all people suffer from these side effects. However, it is safer to consult the doctor if you are including soy protein in large quantities in your diet. Take care!

----------------------------------

http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm

Having two older sisters, I am better at annoying than seducing. My apologies
    for coming across sexist and snarky. Here are some sources:

Firstly, people should note that most of the dangers of soy are observed in people who are allergic to soy. People allergic to soy can suffer from indigestion and disorders of the pancreas and the gastrointestinal tract on consuming soy protein and soy supplements. However, if people are not allergic to soy, they may not suffer from severe and immediate soy protein side effects. But, on the other hand, there are potential negative effects associated with soy protein which cannot be ignored. The following are some of the known or claimed soy protein powder side effects.

* One of the major side effects of soy is that it is believed to be associated with thyroid diseases. Soy contain a substance known as goitrogens which suppresses the function of thyroid, resulting in thyroid diseases.
    * Secondly, soy protein contains isoflavones which is believed to be a carcinogen, i.e., cancer causing agent which can give rise to cancer.
    * Another hydrolyzed soy protein side effects is that it is believed to reduce the levels of testosterone in males. It is also believed to lead to an imbalance in the estrogen-testosterone levels in men.
    * On the other hand, soy protein is also claimed to decrease sperm count in males. Men consuming soy have a lesser sperm concentration as compared to those not consuming it.
    * Lastly, one of the major soy protein or soy milk side effects in human beings is that it is believed to affect memory, leading to memory loss and forgetfulness.

These are some of the potential soy protein side effects that are believed to occur in people. It is also true that not all people suffer from these side effects. However, it is safer to consult the doctor if you are including soy protein in large quantities in your diet. Take care!

----------------------------------

http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/avoid_soy.htm
    NoDecafPlz,

I am well aware you have a chain, I was just yankin it. I don't think your annoying at all or snarky

good info. There are studies on both sides re:soy and breast cancer, recurrences of etc. I don't have a hx in my family and also don't OD on it. I think the info you present is good for people to look into for themselves.

This is why i didn't recommend to drew one way or the other. I was telling her what i do. I thought the website might help her make a quicker decision. Lots of research always about everything to weed through.

Ok, well, in that case, I want to bang you. :P

NoDecafPlz,

I am well aware you have a chain, I was just yankin it. I don't think your annoying at all or snarky

good info. There are studies on both sides re:soy and breast cancer, recurrences of etc. I don't have a hx in my family and also don't OD on it. I think the info you present is good for people to look into for themselves.

This is why i didn't recommend to drew one way or the other. I was telling her what i do. I thought the website might help her make a quicker decision. Lots of research always about everything to weed through.

Quote Originally Posted by drew82586 View Post
    I was just researching protien, Idk what to buy, I'd rather not use it for weight management, gaining or loosing (of course losing a few wouldn't hurt) but just needing more protien in my diet. What do you all suggest I know I've seen a lot of your posts suggesting sytha6.. I didn'tknow if it was best for women also?
    You might look at Muscle Milk light RTDs. I've used it before just to be able to grab something quick to add some extra protein without a lot of extra fat and calories.

Personally, I use BSN's True Mass in the morning, Syntha 6 as a post workout shake, ON Nitro Core 24 for a p.m. shake, and Syntha 6 bars if I get hungry between meals. More than likely that's more protein than most people consume in a day, but with my current stack of supplements and workout routine, I'm only noticing lean gains.

It really just depends on your exercise routine and your weight management goals.
    "All of us are all too stuck strapped to a chair watching our lives blow up..."

Ok, well, in that case, I want to bang you. :P
    But just to be clear, you are a guy right? Um "banging" aside for the time being, I was going to ask you what your digestive problems were. I see you have posted about them previously. I have some of my own and was wondering what your problem was. If you feel like speaking about it to me sometime I would be interested.