Thread: University of Miami

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

University of Miami

I consulted with the Dr. Martinez-Arizala who works with Dr. Green at the University of Miami. It was the most positive experience I've had since my accident. Finally someone is offering some progress. I have a syrinx that needs to be taken care of. Dr. Martinez-Arizala said I should have the surgery to keep my spinal cord in shape because of all the clinical breakthroughs coming up. He even is familiar with Dr. Young's work. My doctors in New York never heard of Dr. Young and my one doctor even said stem cells aren't going to work. The doctor who did my surgery after my accident said not to do anything about the syrinx because I have no function and the cord is dead now anyway. If it weren't for needing a job, I would consider moving down there.

I was a walking T2 incomplete in 1998 and diagnosed with a syrinx as the cause I was losing function rapidly. Dr Martinez recomended surgery which I had with Dr Green and I never regained the function or sensory I had before surgery. Dr Green refused to see me again after I completed surgery. Following surgery the spasms was much worse than when I was originally injured in 1968. Be very careful !!!!! If you aren't going to gain anything why do you want to risk even more complications ??

Correction Dr Green refused to see 3 months later after I completed rehab at Healthsouth. Again be very careful .............