Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 226

Thread: Segway for us is done.

  1. #81
    I have a muscle dystrophy, with limited upper body strength. I can sit upright with no support, but if someone would give me a push, I would definitely fall over.
    The only way to know for sure is to test it!

    Do you think this could replace a regular electric wheelchair for some people? Can you sit at your desk with this? Could you go into restaurants?

  2. #82

    Genny Paolo

    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    They are forbidden in Norway...

    I think not ...
    this is a product for people with disabilities

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Gennymobility View Post
    Filippo Preziosi he Engineer-Technical Ducati Valentino Rossi.
    Filippo will soon be on a Genny))))))
    ´
    Hey Paolo, if you are an Italian, sure you will like motorbikes like Spaniards, we are going to enjoy next year with Valentino in Ducati and Lorenzo in Yamaha.

    It will be interesting see a video where Filippo show than even a quad like him could drive this toy, if you are saying that he is going to be in one too, you could make a video showing it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JenR View Post
    Do you think this could replace a regular electric wheelchair for some people? Can you sit at your desk with this? Could you go into restaurants?
    I think the version with the thin wheels is much little than an electric wheelchair, even the x2 version.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    ´

    I think the version with the thin wheels is much little than an electric wheelchair, even the x2 version.
    It is definitely not as bulky, but it is wider I think. Maybe not much.
    The main issue I see for this is, do you have to keep balancing at your desk? Or do you put the supports down then? How high do you sit, can your legs go under a regular desk (70-75cm)? The joystick probably has to be demounted then...

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by JenR View Post
    It is definitely not as bulky, but it is wider I think. Maybe not much.
    The main issue I see for this is, do you have to keep balancing at your desk? Or do you put the supports down then? How high do you sit, can your legs go under a regular desk (70-75cm)? The joystick probably has to be demounted then...
    No problems for keep balancing because you could put the automatic kickstand, but i think you can`t go under, to high, but that have a easy solution, just make a lower kit Paolo.

  6. #86
    Quote Originally Posted by Gennymobility View Post
    I think not ...
    this is a product for people with disabilities
    That doesn't help. Many things for people with disabilities are forbidden here. And the usual Segway is forbidden and no chairs can go faster than 10 km/h. The ATV is forbidden to drive here if you are disable because most disable people have only driving licence for their own car and you need a driving licence for the ATV if it is going faster than 10 km/h.
    TH 12, 43 years post

  7. #87
    Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    That doesn't help. Many things for people with disabilities are forbidden here. And the usual Segway is forbidden and no chairs can go faster than 10 km/h. The ATV is forbidden to drive here if you are disable because most disable people have only driving licence for their own car and you need a driving licence for the ATV if it is going faster than 10 km/h.


    Genny can limit the speed at 9km / h.
    I do not see the difference between a wheelchair and Genny.
    but I don t know )))))

  8. #88

    here's another Segway mod.

    interesting kickstand

  9. #89

    shows a little more detail

    I like the way the control/steering bar slides in/out of the way...

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteShick View Post
    I like the way the control/steering bar slides in/out of the way...
    yeah that is definitely a nice touch

Similar Threads

  1. A new segway
    By Chaz19 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-26-2009, 06:37 PM
  2. A segway wheelchair
    By Wise Young in forum Equipment
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-01-2007, 03:47 PM
  3. segway?
    By filbert2 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 09-14-2006, 11:17 PM
  4. Segway Use
    By jime in forum Equipment
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-03-2005, 05:49 PM
  5. Segway
    By LBRS in forum Care
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-22-2002, 10:08 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •