Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Segway for us is done.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I sure would like to try one. Eveything considered, if they are trustworthy and not leaving folks stuck or worst, on their back, it appears to be the answer for a lot of users. I think if it had some adjustible dump, it would help a lot of folks balance.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida/Mantoloking NJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Last month some of us went to a conference in Italy. Segway was also there and demonstrated the equipment (see pic below). Three of us also tried it and it was easy to operate. The stick can be removed when transferring and there is also a hand-brake to lock it. One of us was a C5 incomplete and she did fine riding it as well.
    Just to be clear that was a third party conversion not a Segway Inc product.The manufacturers of the Segway do not offer any chair options.

Be Big,
    AMAC
    Last edited by Tarkus; 06-13-2012 at 01:05 AM.
    L4/L5 CES

www.DRAFT.cc
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1024602574

Messages from Alan Maccini and are produced utilizing voice recognition software. As a result of this on occasion a misrecognition of a word will occur and while spelled correctly will result in an unintended word appearing. We apologize for any errors.

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    As far as I know, no one on this forum has ever tried one of the Segway conversions.
    I have been watching for a video with a high quad driving one.
    There are a few of us that have used these conversions. I have seen many use a Segway including a c4 inc that rides standing.

That being said the Segway in any configuration would be a stretch for complete injuries. They are very useful for a distinct portion of our community. As I've said in the past most do these conversions are done by amputees and there abilities are far different than ours.

Most of us who use a Segway do so in addition to our chairs not as a replacement.

Be Big,
    AMAC
    Last edited by Tarkus; 06-13-2012 at 01:09 AM.
    L4/L5 CES

www.DRAFT.cc

Messages from Alan Maccini and are produced utilizing voice recognition software. As a result of this on occasion a misrecognition of a word will occur and while spelled correctly will result in an unintended word appearing. We apologize for any errors.

WOW! Genny has come a long way!

Check out the site.
    http://www.gennymobility.com/
    GennyTM 2.0 Urban
    with off road version coming!
    Last edited by PeteShick; 06-13-2012 at 03:05 PM.

I've seen the new site before, very sexy.
    Big problem is that there is zero support here in the states and availability is still an issue.

I have a problem with the 100% safe statement. Nothing is completely safe and risk free. If there is a end user out there I would love to hear from you.

Be Big,
    AMAC
    L4/L5 CES

www.DRAFT.cc

I see lots of potential for it & I'd love the opportunity to try it.

Safety is a concern for me. As a quad, my balance is sub-par. I'd hate to lose my forward balance & power the segway into (or off of) something.

I can bend forward and backward pretty well and also to the sides and back. I would think that since I would need help transfering, I could be straped into that baby and give her a try. We should ask scott to give it a demo if it could be brought to a reasonable location and the safety issues addressed.
    Last edited by forestranger52; 06-13-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

The BLOND! all The way!

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    The blonde or the segway?

I'll take the Segway. It wasen't that long ago I would have answered differently, damm it.
    C 5/6 Comp.

Teddy Roosevelt

I think the blonde is taken. Don't dismay. There are other blondes out there, and probably easier to get your hands on than the Genny rig.

I'd jump at the opportunity to demo the Segway setup.