Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lives that have drastically changed.....

Suzanne,
    First of all, I just want to say, how wonderful are you! I'm 25 years old and recently suffered a SCI. It is a life changing event but it is possible for him to tolerate it because of you. My father has been there for me every day since I got out of the hospital and he saves my life and my mind every day. It is because of our families that we are willing to fight to get our lives back..even though they may be different. Since i'm new, I don't have much advice to give yet but one piece that I can offer is believe in miracles and don't ever stop. Good luck to you and your son

Thank you all for the comments. Things have been looking up here. The weather has allowed us to get outside and enjoy some sunshine.We got a manual chair that is helping build back some strength in Chad's arms. We have an appointment on the 21st of this month at TIRR in hopes he will go back there soon.

Best wishes to you all.....
    Hardships make us strong. Problems give birth to wisdom. Sorrows cultivate compassion. Those who have suffered the most will become the happiest......

Hello Chadsmom! I'm Ryonsmom. We are 5 weeks into this life changing experience. As you well know, it has turned our lives upside down. I am learning new things just reading this thread you have started. Thank you for asking questions, and know that there are others needing to ask the same things..........
    My son Ryon is 30. He was in a car accident on Feb. 2. (a man ran a stop sign and "t-boned" his car, flipping it) Ryon is a C6/C7 incomplete. He has the use of his arms, but his hands are very weak. He has started having some muscle spasms, but after reading this thread, I am beginning to believe they are bladder related. He is having trouble right now with his blood pressure, it keeps dropping. (2 days this week) I have been researching CC, and have some ideas we need to try.
    One thing this experience has taught me for sure, is to take one day at a time. It does no good to fret about tomorrow, we just gotta take care of today.
    Blessings to all.......thank you CC peeps for being here for us!

Oh yea, forgot to add........as for the muscle spasms.......I have been able to control them pretty good with Acupressure. I have an advantage there because I have been studying Traditional Chinese Medicine for 7 years. I work on horses.......and now my son. Earlier this week, he had some severe back pain/spasms. I worked on his back, it went away and has not come back. Maybe look for someone who does Acupuncture/Acupressure in your area. Hope this helps