Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: air bed

I googled and found a brand "Med Aire" - any feedback on this brand and their low air loss mattress?

CLINITRON<SP>
    i stayed in one for about 6 months for a sore i could have cured in 6 weeks at home. severely ruined my posture. i am a c5 quad 35 years and people always comented how strait i sat in chair. now i have severe curve in spine that i'm going to see a doc about. tried all kinds of wedges, pillows, and stuff to keep me strait. when i first get up in chair i'm fine but after 1 hour a wet noodle. donnie
    Last edited by rollin' man; 06-02-2012 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey_SF View Post
    I googled and found a brand "Med Aire" - any feedback on this brand and their low air loss mattress?
    The one I am familiar with is not LAL...it is actually an alternating pressure pad (over lay or mattress) which is not as effective for pressure reduction nor for pressure ulcer treatment.

Have you looked on eBay? There are a lot of LAL mattresses on sale there now, some with low prices from more well known manufacturers (such as Invacare, Roho, etc.).

(KLD)

Just double checking - I've noted a lot of "low air loss" over lays and wondering if anyone has a great over lay.

Or, is the full mattress the logical and definite best thing to get?

Overlay LAL pads nearly all bottom out too easily, esp. if the head of the bed is ever elevated. A full replacement LAL mattress is much superior for pressure reduction.

(KLD)

Many thanks.

Hm... someone is offering a KCI First Step TriCell Mattress Replacement System therapy mattress... any feedback positive or negative or so-so?