Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: the good, the bad, the sh$tty: a weekend in review

Quote Originally Posted by smokymtn memories View Post
    Good for you, and good for you for having a good time despite a few bumps in the road!

I think you learn quickly at the beginning, that a good sense of humor is going to be a must have! B & B issues make sure of that!
    i would not have survived these past 25yrs of sci without my sense of humor. i also learned to not panic when my bowels freak out in far away places (maybe they are homesick? lol)

my bff is the.most.awesome.person. we've been friends since we were 11 and awkward. now we're almost 30 and slightly less awkward lol <3 all my friends. they are understanding, funny, and honest ppl. so glad to have them in my life.

and another adventure awaits!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

Its great to have a friend like that...I have three others who are like what you describe...

I swear they would hook a truck to the bars on the windows of the jail for me if they thought I needed them too.

I think time is the only teacher that can make you that way with your bowels or at least it has taken alot of years for me anyway.

Like you I could not have survived without my sense of humor....

Don't forget to share the next adventure....

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    i would not have survived these past 25yrs of sci without my sense of humor. i also learned to not panic when my bowels freak out in far away places (maybe they are homesick? lol)

my bff is the.most.awesome.person. we've been friends since we were 11 and awkward. now we're almost 30 and slightly less awkward lol <3 all my friends. they are understanding, funny, and honest ppl. so glad to have them in my life.

and another adventure awaits!
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

true daisy. my bowels just freak out and now i just roll with the punches, it's the times when it's happened right before my period where i freak out due to hormonal emotional stability. but i got through this with a calm head. had to given that i had to drive my own ass back home. i have a rule and i stick to it: there is NO crying while driving

Great story, crypticgimp! Glad you had a good time and made it home safe.

That story rates right up there along with Cory's (aka Mr.Coffee's) poop stories ! Maybe there should be a CC Poop Story Hall of Fame

Last poop mishap Bill had he blamed on the cats ..... a pets love is unconditional just like bff's !

I'm glad you survived your jaunt ... you really are my hero crypt ... I think you are amazing at how you roll with life !!

Obieone
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

How would an incident like this be handled if you (or any of us) were flying solo on a commercial airliner from the USA to China or Australia? Isn't the jet in the air non-stop for ~14 hours?

I just can't imagine how embarrassed I'd be. If I could get the door open I think I'd jump out over the Pacific Ocean!

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post
    How would an incident like this be handled if you (or any of us) were flying solo on a commercial airliner from the USA to China or Australia? Isn't the jet in the air non-stop for ~14 hours?

I just can't imagine how embarrassed I'd be. If I could get the door open I think I'd jump out over the Pacific Ocean!

Bob.
    The ocean might toss you back at the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    The ocean might toss you back at the plane!
    The sharks would spit me out saying ewwwwww.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria

Quote Originally Posted by bob clark View Post

Bob.
    I've had this happen when I went to china. The flight. Attendants hated me but u know I got clean! Carry baby wipes and a change of clothes and immodium and just be good at cleaning in tight spaces. Those planes have bigger bathrooms and an aisle chair on the plane

Quote Originally Posted by crypticgimp View Post
    I've had this happen when I went to china. The flight. Attendants hated me but u know I got clean! Carry baby wipes and a change of clothes and immodium and just be good at cleaning in tight spaces. Those planes have bigger bathrooms and an aisle chair on the plane
    I'm not a jet-setter but I fly enough to say that this is one of my biggest fears about flying. Thank god it hasn't happened but now that I've written about it here it'll probably happen the next time I'm in the air. I'm glad you were able to get cleaned up that would be so bunk if you had to stay dirty thru out the flight.