Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: OTC Sleeping Pills ok?

Quote Originally Posted by jgrant27 View Post
    I use a melatonin/valerian blend. If it's really bad, I also drink a cup of sleepy tea about 1/2-1 hour before bed. The two combined help calm my brain down enough that I can sleep. Definitely run it by your pharmacist before starting anything new, though.

The best "sleepy tea" I've ever used is made by Yogi Tea.
    Thanks, Im gonna look for "sleepy tea" when I go shopping tomorrow. Sounds good and I love tea.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Why would a sleeping pill make you hyper?

My take on it is that everyones body chemistry is different. What works for some may not work for others. It has kind of scared me to take them, as i dont want to become dependent on any other drugs that im not already on. Nor want them to make me hyper. I was on ambien through "rehab" and out and although i guess it did help me sleep, It caused me crazy nightmares and dreams, as well as made me groggy and forgetful. So i stopped taking it.
    I think others explained it as well, and probably better, early into this thread.
    Peace
    B

Quote Originally Posted by dermajuv View Post
    Why would a sleeping pill make you hyper?
    also i see you are new to this forum, with little info about yourself, Do you have an SCI, or are you just another "bot" that has been invading our site?
    I really hope someone can figure out a way to stop all this spam!! It makes me sad.
    anyway if your not a "bot". Welcome.
    peace

I've taken both ambien and lunesta. Both effective at first but that quickly faded. Now i take a shot of zzzquil 1-2x a week. It's OTC, not addictive, and when you wake up your not drowsy. I find it more helpful then the prescription meds. Plus it's 1 less med you put in your body.
    Hope this helps