Thread: Alkaline urine for serratia marcescens

Alkaline urine for serratia marcescens

I have benn keeping the bacteria SERRATIA MARCESCENS at bay using a daily flush with Vetericyn and my Uroligist is happy for me to do this if its working.He suggested that being a Gram Negitive bacteria that I should try to keep my urine as alkaline as possable becuase gram neg bacteria can't multiply in alkaline urine.Has anyone tried taking Potassium Citrate to make there urine alkaline or maybe lemon juice concentrate...........

Hi "Ragersilver,"

Here are a few articles on the subject of urine alkalization:

http://www.cystinuria.com/articles/u...-alkalization/

http://waterfalldmannosereview.com/m...line-naturally

http://www.urologychannel.com/uti/al...reatment.shtml

Evidently you can do a lot with diet to alkalize the urine. Reduce the amount of meat products you eat and while doing so increase the amount of fruit and vegetables you eat. I've not had any experience with putting this into practice, but there is a discussion in the first article about the use of sodium citrate instead of potassium citrate.

Let us know how this is working for you.

All the best,
    GJ

John--are you still using just 20 cc for only five minutes? You might try slowly increasing the length of time you keep the regular Vetericyn in the bladder--say an increase of one minute per day till you get to twenty minutes. If that works and you don't experience any serious bowel issues, you will probably get much better protection.

Just a thought.

Stay well,

Susanne

Thanks GJ form the links there is some great reading there,and I will follow up on it.........

Hi Susanne its good to hear from you,I am still having success with the Vetericyn but got an infection for the first time last week.I have been leaving it in for 5 mins but will increase it to 10mins from now on,I have been clean for 5 months up until now so I am happy but will switch to the stronger VF all the time now as I had problems finding a reliable supplier up until now.My URO said Im too acidic and need to fix that up and things will be a lot easier to control if I do that,he was very interested in what I was doing with the Vetericyn........John

John--you do IC, right? If so, you need to remember to cleanse your urethra prior to cathing. Your urethra is undoubtedly colonized and you are contaminating the catheter as it passes through the urethra. This is going to set you back and make it more difficult for your bladder instillations to hold ground--especially since you only use 20 cc of the regular Vetericyn.

I't fairly easy to rinse the urethra each time and takes only a small amount of the Vetericyn.

Take Care,

Susanne

Hi Susanne,Yes I self Cath 6 times a day but I found I can only rince my Urethra propely once a day becuase anymore than that and it closes up on me and I can't get the catheter in.The VEt must irratate it somehow so I spray some on the tip of the catheter for the other times.I am going to hit it hard this time instill 60ml of vetericyn twice a day for 20 days and rince the urethra as much as possable.I also have a sneaking suspecion my prostae could be infected,the 5 months I was clean was a godsend to me and I intend to rid myself on this bug once and for all.........John

That's the spirit!