Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dr.Young, what has happened with the Cando/Spinewire data

Dr.Young, what has happened with the Cando/Spinewire data

Dr.Young,in July you were negotiating with them to take over all the data from the forums.But,as I remember correctly you said they were hoping to sell the content to somebody else with a better offer. But now it's almost 4 months further and I haven't heard anything since then so I assume we never see back all the articles and postings from the old forums.I regret that because I really miss the worthfull information which was stored there.Could you comment if we indeed have lost all the information or are you still trying to get it and is there still hope?

Pecla,

The negotiations fell through. I don't really understand the behavior of the Cando Board and why they decided to sell exclusive use of the contents to another buyer. In any case, I have most of the articles that I wrote and had been posted on Spinewire/Cando. Please note that most of the articles are out of date and I shall be updating them to reflect the latest information. When I find the time to do that, I will eventually post them on the Carecure site.

Wise.

Did not I tell you Wise many times...

that cando is f--kin' capitalistic pigs
    and they only care about how to make profits from us

Hope you do not have any illusions about them anymore

They advertised their opening with big fanfare

Hopefully everybody from here would boycot buying from them so they would get bancrupt pretty soon..

yeeeeeeeeeah

jeff and i told you too dr young. now what do you have to say for yourself? you start by saying, max, DA, and jeff you were right and i was wrong.

happy turkey day all

Da,

Somehow Wise forgot to respond on this one?

In the end, it doesn't really matter who is right or wrong. In the world of business, you can't go around calling people names and expect them to do any business with you. Wise.

dr young you mean "shouldn't", not "can't"

arab countries are going beyond name calling, they are calling for our death yet business keeps going.

max,
    i was just picking with dr young. his screw up, blunder, mistake, oversight, slip, boo boo, error, lapse, dropped the ball, slipped on a banana, fell in muddy water is ok. at least he is trying, right dr young?

DA, you are right that business will keep going on as long as you have enough money to pay. In our case, we offered $25,000 but it was not enough. Incidentally, don't you think that this site is better than than the Cando site? At least we no longer have those wheelchair umbrella ads .

Dear Wise,

Your answer somehow surprized me & raised some serious questions I have to you & others who may be able to clear.

You wrote"In the end, it doesn't really matter who is right or wrong. In the world of business, you can't go around calling people names and expect them to do any business with you. Wise."

1.Are you or any members of present forum still in
    any kind of business with cando?

2,What was initial deal with them & who sighed it on behalf of our community? Was there any confidentiality clue that you or other cannot comment or make public statements about "business"
    with cando?

3.Do you or any other members of initial deal know
    about any grants or tax writeoffs received by cando as result of our cooperation?

4. Did you or other members received any direct or indirect fees or grants (exept only small fees for moderators) from cando?

5.Did we had to provide some kind montly sales for cando to stay there?

6 What happen with your copyright in case with canndo?

7. Do you & other members still consider cando good or bad corporate citizen?

8. Is all this cando stuff somehow connected with Patricia or its a coincedence?

Hope no hard feelings & thanx in advance for clearing it out.

I love this website & if Rutgers get some grats to mantain it---its money well spend!

Regards,
    Max

In answer to your questions:

1. Are you or any members of present forum still inany kind of business with cando?
    • Spinewire and Cando do not exist any longer as companies. The Cando web site was sold to another company. None of four founders of spinewire, including myself, Mark Pinney, Tom Duane, and Patricia Morton have any relationship with the new company. In fact, I did not even know who bought the old website until recently.

2. What was initial deal with them & who sighed it on behalf of our community? Was there any confidentiality clue that you or other cannot comment or make public statements about "business"
    with cando?
    • There was never any deal between the "community" and Cando. When spinewire was formed, the money to develop the web site was put up by Mark Pinney who received both common and preferred stock in spinewire. The other founders of spinewire (myself, Patricia Morton, Tom Duane) also received some common shares for our work. Sam Maddox was employed by Spinewire. Spinewire merged with Cando. The spinewire common shares became Cando common shares. In April 2001, the Cando Board of Directors announced that it was liquidating Cando and declared all Cando common shares worthless. Only preferred shares (which represent stocks bought with cash by the investors) remained. Sometime in July 2001, Cando fired all its employees, shut its door, sold its assets which included the Cando web site, name, and some money in the bank. As I understand it, the preferred stock was sold at less than 20 cents to the dollar. So, people like Mark Pinney, for example, lost most of his substantial investment into spinewire. Those of us who received only common shares lost everything. I have no confidentiality agreement with Cando.

3. Do you or any other members of initial deal know about any grants or tax writeoffs received by cando as result of our cooperation?
    • I don't know of any grants or tax writeoffs received by cando.

4. Did you or other members received any direct or indirect fees or grants (exept only small fees for moderators) from cando?
    • None of the founders of spinewire received any direct or indirect fees or grants from Cando, except for Mark Pinney who received a salary and shares for his role as chief executive officer. I never received any payment from Cando even though I was supposedly an "advisor". Likewise, I never received any payment from spinewire.

5. Did we had to provide some kind montly sales for cando to stay there?
    • Spinewire developed and owned the web site. When Cando merged with spinewire, it owned the web site. The web site was not separate from Cando.

Please note that our current CareCure web site has nothing to do with Cando or spinewire. It is owned by Rutgers University and is non-profit.

6. What happen with your copyright in case with cando?
    • Cando apparently copyrighted all the material on the web site.

7. Do you & other members still consider cando good or bad corporate citizen?
    • I am obviously disappointed by the behavior of Cando and believe that they mismanaged the company. I think that they should have provided the contents of the web site to the community. They chose not to do provide Rutgers access to the contents despite our offering to pay for it.

8. Is all this cando stuff somehow connected with Patricia or its a coincedence?
    • I don't understand your question. Patricia was a founder of spinewire. She, like the other founders, worked very hard to make spinewire a reality without receiving any pay.