Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Bill O'Reilly says there's no explanation for tides; it must be god

  1. #1

    Bill O'Reilly says there's no explanation for tides; it must be god

    Starts at 1:50



    LOL!!! What? Hasn't this nitwit heard of the moon and
    gravitational pull?

  2. #2
    Senior Member 0xSquidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Barcelona (Spain)
    Posts
    1,072
    I'm having a hard time guessing who's dumber: George Bush or Bill O'Reilly? Tough decision...

    Thanks for the video buddy.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

    Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

    http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

  3. #3
    I have my opinions and can only elaborate briefly on the basis of it !

    Maybe there is something more to life than we can comprehend .

    Could it be another phase of Evolution ? If we look outside the box ?

  4. #4
    Please don't tell me gravity will be the next scientific theory to be disparaged by these people...

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    I'm having a hard time guessing who's dumber: George Bush or Bill O'Reilly? Tough decision...
    Let's just call it a tie. That way no one is offended.

  6. #6
    It's equally disturbing that David didn't seem to know the answer, or didn't bother explaining.

    I've seen David on tv a few times and really dislike his abrasive, arrogant attitude.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Klymir View Post
    I've seen David on tv a few times and really dislike his abrasive, arrogant attitude.
    Yeah, I'd rather someone else represent the side of reason.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    7,178
    I can't stand the sound of O'reilly's voice. He's a disturbing person.

    Funny though, how he believes that just because he personally is unable to explain a force of nature, like tides in the oceans, that the explanation must be the force of divine power. Yet if he actually took the time to learn what causes tides, he could then explain and gain credibility. He could then end he point with, "Isn't God's creation of the Universe miraculous!" And feel like a hero. But no, learning a little science would be like practicing witchcraft.


  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthQuad View Post
    I can't stand the sound of O'reilly's voice. He's a disturbing person.

    Funny though, how he believes that just because he personally is unable to explain a force of nature, like tides in the oceans, that the explanation must be the force of divine power. Yet if he actually took the time to learn what causes tides, he could then explain and gain credibility. He could then end he point with, "Isn't God's creation of the Universe miraculous!" And feel like a hero. But no, learning a little science would be like practicing witchcraft.
    Precisely. The reason why Bible stories and other religious
    stories even exist is because the science wasn't available
    to explain things thousands of years ago.

    I doubt his audience cares that he lacks even the fundamentals
    of scientific knowledge.

    I'm not religious, but I'd offer other phenomenons that, as of
    now, have no explanation. For example, the Higgs Boson, or
    as religious people call it, the God Particle. The unidentified
    particle that creates mass. I'm surprised he didn't use that as
    an example because it's popular with the churchies.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
    Please don't tell me gravity will be the next scientific theory to be disparaged by these people...
    What's gravity?


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •