Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Progeo wheelchairs

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle73 View Post
    Hello Toto do you think the chassis is carbon NOIR that is more or less resistant to a titanium frame and I think that's just scratching NOIR
    I don't quite understand the question you're asking -- or the statement you're making. Care to try again?

Quote Originally Posted by freestyle73 View Post
    Hello Toto do you think the chassis is carbon NOIR that is more or less resistant to a titanium frame and I think that's just scratching NOIR
    I don`t know the thickness of the NOIR frame tubes, so i don`t know.

We can`t say what is more or less resistant frames depending in the material, we have to think the way is made too.

The best material is titanium, but all depends in thickness wall tubing, and Out diameter tubing, welds, etc.

But is easier do a good metal chair than a CF one.
    Last edited by totoL1; 01-10-2011 at 09:49 AM.

i dont trust carbon fiber.

but really, progeo wheelchairs looks trendy.the joker seems cool.

toto, how much is the base price for joker?i cant understand any of em.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    toto, how much is the base price for joker?i cant understand any of em.
    In Spain around 2500 euros.

wow.that's kinda pricey...maybe i'll take a look at GTM...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

wow.that's kinda pricey...maybe i'll take a look at GTM...

For??? you`ve got a new TR, why you are looking at others? wrong measurements maybe?

nah...just to compare for my next chair... 2014...wait for me...

btw : i hate the tapered seat look on my TR.but its functional.other than that, the chair is fine.right now i'm healing from pressure ulcer.so next time i would seriously consider ergo-seating.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

nah...just to compare for my next chair... 2014...wait for me...

btw : i hate the tapered seat look on my TR.but its functional.other than that, the chair is fine.right now i'm healing from pressure ulcer.so next time i would seriously consider ergo-seating.
    In 2014 you will have the new TR, ergo seat is a good thing, i have it.
    I`ve got a tapered seat in mine too, and is ok, but in my next chair i`m going to change the tapered seat for a tapered knees like Panthera┬┤s chairs, is an option in Oracing too.
    So probably my next chair will be a box frame full welded, and almost certainly will be another Oracing, but i will change in two or three chairs and in that date probably will be avaible in the market the new Panthera U2 light and the new TR, so who knows...

i have been testing a progeo noir and am really impressed.

all up weight of the wc in usable configuration is 7.5kg. which is a whole 5kg lighter than my tilite zra. admittably i do have ds locks on the zra which adds some weight. The ONLY chair i have seen that is lighter is the panthera but if isn't really comparing apples with apples.

Say whatever you like but the only thing you can "customise" on the panthera is the width, every thing is for all intense and purpose fixed. Which is 100% fine if you by some random stroke of luck happen to find it right but for everyone else it is a compromise for weight vs custom setup.

The progeo noir although slightly heavier is a true custom CF chair that is very light. but what impresses me more is you dont make sacrifice for the weight. The chair is bomber. The only issue i can think of is that it is relatively easy to scratch but not a big deal.

Progeo also kit it out with a really nice light set of wheels. (whoever can tell you with a straight face that spinergy wheels are light is lying their butt off)

I always said that 1-2kg saving wouldnt really impress me but 5kg is a massive change and the car tranfers etc are epicly lighter.

There is not a tilite, quickie or kushall chair out there that comes anywhere near this in real all up weight. The tilite rep didnt even attempt to suggest there was.

I will probably get one, script it soon. The only issue i need to resolve is how to fit my Freewheel on the front of the wafer thin CF footrest.

PS, The only way titanium is light is by using true tapered tubing and butted welding which no WC manufacture does. they bend straight gauge tubing and weld it. titanium used in this way has very little benefit over Aluminum.

I did see a lasher sport custom chair that was pretty light. they use magnesium tube.