Thread: priceline - hotel rooms - what's your experience

Vancouver WA USA - - Male T4 ASIA B incomplete

priceline - hotel rooms - what's your experience

Who else out there is using Priceline for hotel rooms using their bidding process? Any horror stories?

I've been using Priceline to book hotel rooms, using their bidding facility.
    I don't travel that much I admit, and I've only gone to three locations.
    Each time there is a certain amount of finger crossing, but so far it's worked out. As soon as my booking is successful I immediatlely call the hotel and reserve a wheelchair accessible room asking for a roll in shower. I've found if you can get a room with a roll in shower it pretty much guarantees the rest of the room is accessible. I always have the feeling that one of these days crossing my fingers just isn't going to be enough, so has anyone come unstuck?

im tempted to try it ...i want to stay at the venetion in vegas, a 5 star hotel...i put the area of strip its in. narrowed it down, think there was 2 or 3 choices, but who knows what ill get,

I've used Priceline a lot for flights, but less for hotels.
    In NYC I've pricelined a hotel that was part of a major chain and fully accessible, but also one ended up with a hotel that was poorly accessible at best. I couldn't get into the bathroom and they brought up a wheeled office chair to transfer into and use in the bathroom.
    In a newer city like Minneapolis or San Diego or in a super-progressive city like San Francisco, you should have no problem. But in an NYC or Boston, it can be a bit of a crapshoot.

Quote Originally Posted by NW-Will View Post
    I always have the feeling that one of these days crossing my fingers just isn't going to be enough, so has anyone come unstuck?
    It's the nature of travel imo, the unexpected just happens. Went w/ a group of disabled, diving in Cozumel; not 1 accessible bathroom in the rooms! I could crawl to the toilet but there were sci guys in the lobby bathroom all day long. They worked it out-somehow, ya always do.