Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: alternative to tilite scissor breaks

alternative to tilite scissor breaks

hi guys. does anyone know if i can use an alternative to the tilite scissor breaks.
    i am obvioulsy looking for a **beter** break for my ZRA (s1), as i hate the scissor breaks that constantly need to be adjusted, dont break well etc...

anyone?

I have Kuschall K4 breaks on my TiLite TR. They clamp on the TiLite frame no problem, work a treat

where did you get the breaks from? do you have a part number for me by any chance?
    cheers,
    ck

get d's, problem solved forever.

dslocks.net
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by ckhouri View Post
    where did you get the breaks from? do you have a part number for me by any chance?
    cheers,
    ck
    I get mine from the Mobility supplier http://www.gerald-simonds.co.uk/
    Your nearest Mobility agent could source you a set I guess.

Downside is the mechanism can wear and I've had to order new ones every couple of years or so. And if you lose tyre pressure they don't work so well.

I do like the look of those dslocks though, how easy are they to fit on a standard TiLite Axle?

Quote Originally Posted by brython2 View Post
    I get mine from the Mobility supplier http://www.gerald-simonds.co.uk/
    Your nearest Mobility agent could source you a set I guess.

Downside is the mechanism can wear and I've had to order new ones every couple of years or so. And if you lose tyre pressure they don't work so well.

I do like the look of those dslocks though, how easy are they to fit on a standard TiLite Axle?
    super easy.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

D's locks are a good alternative. You should have ZERO problems fitting them on a TiLite. If you have any questions ask here or give Steve at D's locks a call. He doesn't always answer the phone but he is great at returning messages.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurvySAT05 View Post
    D's locks are a good alternative. You should have ZERO problems fitting them on a TiLite. If you have any questions ask here or give Steve at D's locks a call. He doesn't always answer the phone but he is great at returning messages.
    Not so. I bought mine in 2007 and was unable to fit them to my tilite tr. I contacted steve who said that sometimes tillte measures out their axle/camber arrangements arbitrarily and that another guy he works with had the same problems switching between his own tilites. Steve didn't seem to have any solutions so I arranged to mill off about 1/3" from each adapter and added several spacers to make it fit. Not easy

I change my Tilite scissor with the Quickie Scissor brakes. They are much better quality and push to unlock rather than pull like the Ti's do.

Like above advice I fully endorse D's. Great product.I got it installed on my first chair, TiLite zra and they are outstanding......
    Making soup out of mud