Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZR ,kuschall ksl or Progeo joker energy ?

TiLite ZR ,kuschall ksl or Progeo joker energy ?

Hi ! My name is George and I'm from Greece! I read a long time this forum ! 7 years ago I had a motorcycle accident and I was paraplegic level T5. My first wheelchair was a Progeo joker carbon. Very good wheelchair but unfortunately got it wrong size [widest] and after 2 years got a kuschall K4 with 3 Deg Carbon Fiber Camber Tube , Carbon Fiber Fenderd Side Guards and 24'' Spinergy Spox wheels ! After 1 year i bought a set of Spinergy Lx wheels and a varilite zoid cushion. The kuschall is very very good wheelchair but in this summer I want to buy another, lighter wheelchair ! My options is between TiLite ZR - kuschall ksl - Progeo joker energy [titanium]. What do you think about this wheelchairs ? Sorry for my poor English ...

photo of kuschall ksl and Progeo joker energy ....

Hi George,

I think your English is very good indeed. My son had a Kuschall K4 Airlite Pro but he has just taken delivery of a new TiLite ZRA2. He is only 16 but in two or three years he had nearly worn out the Kuschall, by the time he changed it only one front caster touched the ground but it was a good chair while it lasted. However, I was very impressed with the ZRA2's appearance and build-quality - far better than the Kuschall but then it is twice the price. I don't think the Tilite chair is that much lighter than the Kuschall but it will last a lot longer, you will have more options to customise and lighten the ZR over a Kuschall but you will need to get the fit right before you order it. I'm afraid I have no knowledge of the Progeo chairs.

Happy New Year,

Curly
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by curlycarroll View Post
    Hi George,

I think your English is very good indeed. My son had a Kuschall K4 Airlite Pro but he has just taken delivery of a new TiLite ZRA2. He is only 16 but in two or three years he had nearly worn out the Kuschall, by the time he changed it only one front caster touched the ground but it was a good chair while it lasted. However, I was very impressed with the ZRA2's appearance and build-quality - far better than the Kuschall but then it is twice the price. I don't think the Tilite chair is that much lighter than the Kuschall but it will last a lot longer, you will have more options to customise and lighten the ZR over a Kuschall but you will need to get the fit right before you order it. I'm afraid I have no knowledge of the Progeo chairs.

Happy New Year,

Curly
    UK
    Thank you Curly !!

George,
    Welcome to CareCure! I've never seen a Progeo chair -- if there are any in the US, they are well-hidden. Is there a reason you're not considering purchasing another carbon fiber chair?

Do you have to pay for the chair?

In six years I have worn out three chairs, two Panthera and one Küshall Airlight and I have one Küshall Airlight Pro and one Quickie Argon Titan. I don't have the possibility to get a TiLite. I like my Kushall Airlight Pro, it is 2,5 years old and I need a new one but I don't want to change it. It is working best uphills, up curbs, easy to wheel, I can easely wheel 7 km without trouble. In the summer, not now with the snow
    I don't like the Quickie at all.
    TH 12, 43 years post

Sorry. double post
    Last edited by woman from Europe; 01-02-2011 at 09:02 PM. Reason: double post
    TH 12, 43 years post

Quote Originally Posted by woman from Europe View Post
    Do you have to pay for the chair?

In six years I have worn out three chairs, two Panthera and one Küshall Airlight and I have one Küshall Airlight Pro and one Quickie Argon Titan. I don't have the possibility to get a TiLite. I like my Kushall Airlight Pro, it is 2,5 years old and I need a new one but I don't want to change it. It is working best uphills, up curbs, easy to wheel, I can easely wheel 7 km without trouble. In the summer, not now with the snow
    I don't like the Quickie at all.
    Why do you think your chairs have had such short lifespans? Where are they breaking down, failing to perform?

I am a hard user. Up and down curb on every corner, a lot of cobblestones, in and out shops with steps. I have destroyed three axles on the Panthera chairs, braking the screw on the axle on the Küshall twice. I even have cobblestones down the little hill to my front door. I have been throwing the chair down the stairway and bumped down myself more than once. My car is impossible to park in the town so I wheel down town and take the car if I am going to a shopping centre.
    TH 12, 43 years post

She jumps curbs, goes down stairs, etc. Bente's got mad wheelchair skilz, but it puts those chairs to the test!

Wish I had Bente's skilz, in the US w/ her abilities a wheeler can fly!