Thread: discontinued titanium chairs

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live

discontinued titanium chairs

since sunrise medical and invcare no longer offer titanium chairs, will medicare insurance start paying for Tilite or are we gonna be forced to go back to aluminum chairs? What the future gonna be for Tilite since the govt favored brands will no longer offer titanium?

Quote Originally Posted by jschism View Post
    since sunrise medical and invcare no longer offer titanium chairs, will medicare insurance start paying for Tilite or are we gonna be forced to go back to aluminum chairs? What the future gonna be for Tilite since the govt favored brands will no longer offer titanium?
    It is impt to remember that it is not just gov't insurance such as Medicare and Medicaid. The majority of private insurances also follow Medicare and CMS guidelines.

It will be interesting to see what 2011 brings for DME. Medicare will now only "Rent" a power chair. When the rental is over--the DME provider is left holding the chair, paid only in part.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

illinois, and no, chicago is not anywhere near where i live
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    It is impt to remember that it is not just gov't insurance such as Medicare and Medicaid. The majority of private insurances also follow Medicare and CMS guidelines.
    yes, that's why i'm wondering, my hmo follows what medicare pays for when it comes to DME

Reimbursement issues aside, I'm not aware of any announcement from Top End that they are discontinuing production of their everyday wheelchairs. However, I wouldn't be surprised if that happens in the near future.

I believe as of right now Invacare / Top End is only discontinuing their Ti sports chairs. My guess is that with the new 7000 series chairs coming out in '11 they will discontinue some or all of their Ti everyday chairs. Don't expect to see Medicare paying for TiLite chairs anytime soon unless Ti changes their HCPCS code to K0005 which has a lower reimbursement from insurance.
    ~Mandy~
    SCI as a result of spinal surgery
    TiLite Aero Z!!!