Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can't take it anymore

Can't take it anymore

I just wanna be a normal 19 yo guy. Just go out hang out with friends maybe even meet a girl. I just keep getting worse and worse, spasms so bad I can barely keep myself in the chair and there's nothing the doctors can do about them because I have massive bone growth in my hip causing it. The hip not only gives me unbearable spasms but oversensitive bladder too forcing me to wear the undergarment crap. I just want a life a normal teenage life. I want to be with my friends without worrying about falling or accidents. I want to meet a great girl but what girl wants to be with a writhing mess. I can't sleep anymore with my legs kicking straight up in the air all night. People get mad saying I could be so worse off, I know I could be but that doesn't change what is.I wanna grow up with a normal life. I wanna dance at my wedding, I wanna run through the park with my kids one day. I can't take this anymore. Just want it to all be over. I never want to kill myself. I just can't take it much more.
    Last edited by oakleaf41; 01-02-2011 at 01:55 AM.

Can the doctors not do some kind of surgery to correct the bone growth?
    Let your Heart be your guide in Life and Love.
    Alice

Yea in another year

What happened the last time you asked a girl out?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Last 2 girls talked to me just to be nice and when I go to ask them out they make lame excuses. I had a gf when I was first injured and after a few weeks told me she's tired of it all and left

Write off the ex ... obviously not worth your attentions anyway.

So 2? I assume there's more that live around you?

I'm sorry about the hip. Why surgery in one year's time - because of growth? I do hope you get that solved and get your spasms under control. What about a condom cath instead of undergarments?

What do you do to make your life 'more normal?' Are you in school or working or is this all on the back-burner until your surgery?
    Make America Sane Again. lol

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

There are girls that will go out with you you just haven't met them yet. I have 3 beautiful nieces about your age and I'm sure they would date a guy with a disability, I'd like to think they would just because they're openminded but I think having an aunt in a chair makes them comfortable around people with disabilities. Your 19 you'll have plenty of time to meet girls.

I agree with Lynnifer about trying a condom cath. Have you tried the over-active bladder meds?

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf41 View Post
    I just wanna be a normal 19 yo guy. Just go out hang out with friends maybe even meet a girl. I just keep getting worse and worse, spasms so bad I can barely keep myself in the chair and there's nothing the doctors can do about them because I have massive bone growth in my hip causing it. The hip not only gives me unbearable spasms but oversensitive bladder too forcing me to wear the undergarment crap. I just want a life a normal teenage life. I want to be with my friends without worrying about falling or accidents. I want to meet a great girl but what girl wants to be with a writhing mess. I can't sleep anymore with my legs kicking straight up in the air all night. People get mad saying I could be so worse off, I know I could be but that doesn't change what is.I wanna grow up with a normal life. I wanna dance at my wedding, I wanna run through the park with my kids one day. I can't take this anymore. Just want it to all be over. I never want to kill myself. I just can't take it much more.
    I'm sorry brother I feel you, I think the same way, read my story life is just what is un fair and all about luck. If you want to meet a girl you will, I met mine after the injury, I was all messed up and still am, I wish I can say something to help you, but i think about ending my life all the time, it is hard life is hard. but I assume your hands work, play PS3, i barely can use my hands my left fingers almost dont work, but i find games that help. BTW smoking causes 100% more spasms

Quote Originally Posted by oakleaf41 View Post
    Last 2 girls talked to me just to be nice and when I go to ask them out they make lame excuses. I had a gf when I was first injured and after a few weeks told me she's tired of it all and left
    forget that girl have hope you will find love

Well, I'll blow you if you close your eyes and forget I'm a guy.

Hang in there. I was injured at 15 and it sucks. I know. I've been there and it's horrible. It can get better as you move into adulthood and grow mentally.