Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Cauliflower Rice Recipes?

  1. #1

    Cauliflower Rice Recipes?

    Online they basically say just nuke it for 5 minutes and add salt and whatever else you want to mix in with it.

    Any other ideas?
    And the truth shall set you free.

  2. #2
    Don't you need to run it through a food mill or something first?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Katja View Post
    Don't you need to run it through a food mill or something first?
    Sorry, yes food processor first. But then then the instructions were, nuke for five minutes, add seasoning.
    And the truth shall set you free.

  4. #4
    Sounds blah. Are you looking for a non-carb that sort of seems like a carb? Cauliflower is much nicer lightly breaded & grilled. You can bread it with non-wheat products.

  5. #5
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Sounds blah. Are you looking for a non-carb that sort of seems like a carb? Cauliflower is much nicer lightly breaded & grilled. You can bread it with non-wheat products.
    Scaper

    What type of "diet" or health regime to you follow, you seem by your posts always either making healthy meals or revising ones that are not as healthy? If you wouldn't mind sharing? Mediterranean like, vegetarian?

  6. #6
    Senior Member WolfeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bealeton, Virginia
    Posts
    1,398
    If you're looking for 'mashed potatoes' or even 'riced potatoes' out of cauliflower, simply steam until tender and either mash them or put them through a ricer and season to taste.

    Depending on what you're looking for, add a little milk, butter, salt, pepper and some granulated garlic for a simple mock mashed potato.

    If you want something lighter, mash or run through a ricer with a little EVOO, garlic and salt and pepper.

    Bottomline, steam until tender whether in a microwave or stove top and go from there and make what you want with them. You could even do a pilaf.......use your imagination.

    P.S. Leave the food processor wherever you store it. Using a food processor will ruin the consistency of the cauliflower. Steam just until tender and go from there.
    Last edited by WolfeMan; 01-02-2011 at 06:08 PM.
    Larry
    ------
    Visit - The Wolfe Pit Channel

  7. #7
    Noted wolfie.

    See, I haven't used the minced cauliflower as a rice substitute as yet. I was planing on 1) Food processing the cauliflower spices etc. together. 2) Letting the "rice" sit covered overnight as to absorb the spices and then 3) Roasting the "rice" on aluminum foil in the oven until crispy.

    You're thinking no?

    Joe
    And the truth shall set you free.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Sounds blah. Are you looking for a non-carb that sort of seems like a carb? Cauliflower is much nicer lightly breaded & grilled. You can bread it with non-wheat products.
    Batter, deep fry and drench in ranch dressing........

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Scaper

    What type of "diet" or health regime to you follow, you seem by your posts always either making healthy meals or revising ones that are not as healthy? If you wouldn't mind sharing? Mediterranean like, vegetarian?
    Mary, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll start another one and answer you shortly.

    If I recall, Decaf has a lot of stomach problems and has to eat bland stuff.

  10. #10
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    Mary, I don't want to derail this thread so I'll start another one and answer you shortly.

    If I recall, Decaf has a lot of stomach problems and has to eat bland stuff.
    oh yes, your right scaper, thanks

Similar Threads

  1. Delicious Cauliflower
    By simple in forum Food
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-24-2010, 08:16 AM
  2. Rice?.................
    By Juke_spin in forum Food
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-30-2009, 04:24 PM
  3. $5.00 for a cauliflower!!!
    By skippy13 in forum Food
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 02:59 PM
  4. Rice
    By wtf in forum Food
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-29-2008, 03:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •