Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sol

Thanks Linda.... You are wonderful! Happy New Year... Hopefully 2011 will be a good one!

Have you ever thought of calling your municipality? What if an ambulance needed to get to him? Perhaps they could make yours a priority. I know in the next municipality over from mine, there's a group of volunteers that call themselves the Snow Angels .. and they shovel out the mobility challenged at their homes.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Linda, hugs to you. I was thinking the same thing as Lynnifer, would it be possible to get your municipality involved. They should know you need to have your streets and sidewalks done, it is a priority for safety.

I am sorry about him not feeling well, and all the health issues you need to deal with.
    You sure can use a good hug right about now. I also really enjoyed watching OB's videos, especially the cat videos. I am sure it must be hard thinking of what was in the past with him clearing the snow. I understand what it is like to grieve over what was. Thinking of you my friend

Thanks for the suggestions lynnifer and med100.
    The fire dept has a code for a disabled person and it is noted we sleep in the back bedroom with a large window.
    Fires are a worry.
    I was never concerned about the snow because has not seen it this extreme and only our second winter at this home. It is something I an going to look into.
    Even when it snowed quite a bit before a truck or ambulance would have been able to get through.
    There is still no travel advised in town and we can get by without an aide today.

Glad you made it through the night and things are looking better in the early morning light!

Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Glad you made it through the night and things are looking better in the early morning light!
    Thanks Timaru. It is very bright an sunny today even if gusting wind.
    Worthless BIL finally got here to help me get Dave up.
    I'm sure mummy called him from 150 miles away and told him he had to. Grrr.
    Oh, there goes my new years resolution to not let him get on my nerves. ( only with the B.)

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Thanks Timaru. It is very bright an sunny today even if gusting wind.
    Worthless BIL finally got here to help me get Dave up.
    I'm sure mummy called him from 150 miles away and told him he had to. Grrr.
    Oh, there goes my new years resolution to not let him get on my nerves. ( only with the B.)
    I think that is one of the hardest resolutions Linda, the ones that sort of involve others. Some people just know how to tweak you the wrong way. Hope things are better today. You always retain your sense of humor however, which is so important. Starting with your first post in this thread when you said the bird was talking to you, but only keeps saying how "pretty he is". You crack me up.

Quote Originally Posted by Obieone View Post
    I hope you take these attempts to take your mind off your troubles in the way it is intended - cause I found another one that was too cute to pass up !

When we get storm stayed like you folks are I tend to act a little like this fellow in the vid ....... {{{another hug}}}}

Obie
    Obione ....... Thank You for this video. It brought a big smile to my face on a very dreary and rainy New Years Day here in Georgia!!!!!!

Linda T Sorry you are in a valley right now. There will be views from the higher points to come!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

I'm so sorry, Linda. I hate what sci does to families! Cozumel came to talk to you too, he's says,"poot poot, pretty bird" & mimicked his best fart impression for you.