Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sol

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    It isn't a caregiver thing, it's an SCI thing.
    I don't want anyone who has a caregiver to think I am complaining.

.............. and what would be wrong with that may I ask ????? Don't ever feel like you have to qualify your words Linda - you are entitled to complain now and then all you need. If you didn't you'd explode - and then where would Dave be !

Choking on a grain of rice - damn damn it all to hell !! Bill called me home from work once a while back because he choked on a vitamin pill that got caught at the back of his throat ! It was a very scary experience - I'm sorry you had to go through that !!

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Oh, Hon! Feel free to speak up!

Survived the very dark night of the soul. Finally got to sleep.
    As it goes my dear awoke with dreaded pain, breathing stuff, burning eyes, too hot etc and I was groggily stumbling about.
    Early this morning I miraculously heard the city plow and then the bobcat doing our driveway. Our little Twinhome group have a snow service for driveway. Usually this dead end is the last to be plowed. Can't get the front door open, but can get in through garage.
    My 75 year old mother offered to take Dave's truck out of her garage and go pick up aide. I told her to stay home!
    The citys did not pull the plows last night because round 2 on the way this afternoon and they want to be ready.
    For that reason aide was able to get here. I could hear her husband griping in the background he had to snowblow their driveway. (Ass)
    Doubt there will be any festivities here, but I feel better today.

I think of before Dave's SCI. He would be out in his bibs and bomber hat snowblowing the neighbors out, taking the blower in the truck and doing my Mom's and anyone else in need.
    Then we would go to the Legion and have a beer.
    Thanks for listening. Love the utubes Obie.

Wish I could turn back time to get Dave back out there in the snow.

Glad to know things are feeling a tad better. There is always a relief for me too when I know I can get out if I absolutely had to. Glad the aide was able to get to you.

Linda I hope that the day continues to get better and that the New Year rings in much better than the last few days have.

Happy New Year and all the best in 2011.

Hi Linda,
    It is bad enough that these overwhelming days occur, but when it is on the eve of a New Year, it is even more difficult because we are looking forward to the bright promise of the old year ending and the new year beginning and maybe finding the new time a little easier and kinder.
    GJ and I want to wish you and Dave better health, happiness, strength, and good fortune in the New Year.

GJ and NL (GJ's wife)

hang in there super Linda. never mind the wear holes in your cape, and most good super heroes have a grey hair or two. Good wishes for a happy new year.

Linda...

I'm so sorry... we have snow and sub zero temps in Denver and our pipes froze... Don can't get into the basement and so he's upstairs getting crazy and I'm in the basement getting crazy... Had to have plumber come on New Years Eve...so for $500 bucks we now have water.... OMG!

Hang in there Linda! This too shall pass... I'll be thinking about you!

Sieg

Quote Originally Posted by ergvepeog View Post
    Linda...

I'm so sorry... we have snow and sub zero temps in Denver and our pipes froze... Don can't get into the basement and so he's upstairs getting crazy and I'm in the basement getting crazy... Had to have plumber come on New Years Eve...so for $500 bucks we now have water.... OMG!

Hang in there Linda! This too shall pass... I'll be thinking about you!

Sieg
    Oh no! That stinks and $$$ on top of it.
    Sometimes you have to just get crazy together in separate rooms.
    The winter we were in CO-at Craig-we were told it was unusually warm winter. Sorry this was not one of them again.