Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: News Article about Accident

Ryan was contacted by someone from Fox 41 News this morning and they want to do his story!

Quote Originally Posted by ryanswife View Post
    ryan was contacted by someone from fox 41 news this morning and they want to do his story!
    yes!!!!!!

That's great!!!!

Blog Entries

Riveting, tragic, yet all too familiar story.

Interesting that the girl's insurance co. accepted 100% liability. Was it because of the presence of the marijuana automatically assigning responsibility, as DUI?
    Did it change once the substance charge was dropped?
    Either way, it's sad to see how some people live with such self-centered views.
    My best wishes to you and your family.

Jodi, What would you like to come out of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C. View Post
    Interesting that the girl's insurance co. accepted 100% liability. Was it because of the presence of the marijuana automatically assigning responsibility, as DUI?
    Did it change once the substance charge was dropped?
    Either way, it's sad to see how some people live with such self-centered views.
    My best wishes to you and your family.
    Well, the fact that they were minimally insured maybe made it easier for them to make that decision? (I don't claim to know how insurance stuff works) The police report had her marked as the reason for the accident and the extent of Ryan's injuries probably made them just want to get the case over with as quickly as possible. They offered to pay us the full amount she was insured for before we even got her blood test results back - but we would then have to sign something saying that we would not sue the family. Our lawyer helping us go through all the insurance stuff at that time suggested we hold off on accepting that - even though he isn't our civil lawyer now since he isn't licensed for our state. But that lawyer was a huge help and did so much for us and told us he wasn't keeping track of his hours. After helping us transition to the civil lawyer we have now, he sent us a bill for only $500 with a note to just pay him when we could and if we weren't able to do the $500 to let him know and we would figure something else out. People always complain about lawyers, but there are definitely some GOOD people out there who just happened to become lawyers!

And I agree these stories are too common - bad drivers, corrupt courts, etc. But we are SO sick of hearing "that's just the way it is." Nothing will ever change with that attitude. No, we don't expect everything to be perfect but we'd like to see some progress. Just because this is the way things are doesn't mean it's the way things should be. And most people are never exposed to this stuff so they don't know how wrong it is. The judge and defense lawyer commented to each other on facebook just a couple days after the judge ruled to throw out the blood test results without allowing the requesting officer to testify (as motioned for by the prosecutor). Sure, it's legal to be friends with anybody a person wants, but that sure doesn't come off as ethical or give us confidence in the court system. After we expressed our outrage about their relationship the judge's facebook page went to private (oh but WHY if he was doing nothing wrong??) It's this kind of stuff that we feel needs to be made known to the people in this area. It's just not right and it's sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    Jodi, What would you like to come out of this?

Linda, see previous post

I totally agree with you Jodi. It will be very interesting to see what happens. I have felt angry and frustrated for you since the first time you posted and looked at your site.
    How are your kids doing?
    You have my full support as a wife and caregiver. Never in my wildest dreams would have I imagined this life.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    I totally agree with you Jodi. It will be very interesting to see what happens. I have felt angry and frustrated for you since the first time you posted and looked at your site.
    How are your kids doing?
    You have my full support as a wife and caregiver. Never in my wildest dreams would have I imagined this life.
    Thanks Linda

The kids are great - enjoying their Christmas vacation! They are so good for our moods! Like this morning as we were getting ready to go to the dentist Naomi asked Ryan "Daddy...if you were a girl would you put lip gloss on before or after you brush your teeth?" lol

A young woman caused the death of a young man and 3 weeks after his death she was back out partying thats how remorseful she was. Here's what the family did to see that justice was served. Hopefully the girl that caused your husbands injury will get the same.