Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to end stem cell institute

www.sabrinacohenfoundation.org/

Here are some "pro" articles for you. Sabrina Cohen raises funds for stem cell awareness and clinical trials. She donates money to the California Stem Cell Institute along with others.

This is why Dr Young has made positive comments about Sabrina and the Institute.

A couple weeks ago it was YOU harping against her positive efforts there (keeping on).

(What amazes me is the people that harp against the efforts of those that make these therapies possible and will benefit from them. It's beyond belief!) Hmmmm. Amazing what a couple weeks will do.

http://www.cellebritydocscalendar.com/
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-29-2010 at 07:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    I would like to see more pro commens on Califoria Stem Cell Institute. You guys refer to negative intentios by those who write these articles. Wise has responded with positive commets on the work being done by the institute. We need more affirmative comments and show what has progressed and what is next. I do know that some articles on stem cells are fully for negative news. It amazes me that these people will contpnue to harp against embryonic therapies until they or someone close to them will benefit from these therapies.
    The CIRM is very important and more States and countries govt should do the same - if medical research for future therapies are important - and the reason is simple; basic research and research for therapies takes time, years and costs a lot of money, this then will show up as red figures in any budget, these years. Smaller private companies in general does not have the capital muscle neaded for this, and few actually would be interested even if they had the funds due to it would be viewed as to risky. Thus if States and countries want's to speed up the processes for research and finding therapies for their citizens they should create more and keep institutes such as the CIRM. Then by inviting private corp into the processes where private corp does not have to take all the risk, all will win, the States and countries wil get therapies for their citizens and private corp would earn money. Solid risk willing funding is mandatory and the colaboration with private corp with all their expertice is likewise important. As for what produced so far, use Google. (sorry for any misspellings here, typed from an IPad).

grammy, nice post; but in no way refers to what i feel. Your thoughts are interesting though.

keeping on

leif, it's important that we go after them together. We need to make sure these people know we are looking as a group and won't tloerate bullshit. As a group we can alert those who profit from our plight.

keeping on
    I agree with this but have to say that we do not act as one. If I were AB and looked on the web, I would be totally bewildered at the selection of groups, both in the world of research and fund raising. Divided we fall.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Chris, my whole philsophy is to stick to advances and work that leads to a treatment or cure. I try to make a point of real research achievments and next steps. I don't want to feel good about awards and galas that idenity an achievenenbt for the individual instead of real progress for us. I'm convinced that stem cell treatments will be the therapies that will lead to advancements for thousands if not millions of people. We have an opligation to our selves and our peers to advance these trends. Sure, there are people that grunt and groan about some of my posts, but the time is now for real therapies to be achieved. I've contacted and corresponmded with groups around the world and my point has gotten through. We need to act in unison to keep these groups on task and let them know this is not a leftime job. I
    will continue to hone on on facts and findings asking when the next step will occurr. Hopefully this will get therapies to all of us willing to work to this end.
    Chris thank you and good luck to all this upcoming year.

keeping on

Chris, my whole philsophy is to stick to advances and work that leads to a treatment or cure. I try to make a point of real research achievments and next steps. I don't want to feel good about awards and galas that idenity an achievenenbt for the individual instead of real progress for us. I'm convinced that stem cell treatments will be the therapies that will lead to advancements for thousands if not millions of people. We have an opligation to our selves and our peers to advance these trends. Sure, there are people that grunt and groan about some of my posts, but the time is now for real therapies to be achieved. I've contacted and corresponmded with groups around the world and my point has gotten through. We need to act in unison to keep these groups on task and let them know this is not a leftime job. I
    will continue to hone on on facts and findings asking when the next step will occurr. Hopefully this will get therapies to all of us willing to work to this end.
    Some biochemical/technical places are simply narcissistic.
    Chris thank you and good luck to all this upcoming year.

keeping on
    This so right. I do know that there are researchers who have a mission to deal with SCI, not to mention related serious complaints. Sadly, the only researches I have been offered comment are students/companies that see our community as project material, and they're not even related to front line matters. Do I want a blue or red cather; how often a day do I pee; can I think of any way wheelchairs could be improved. Actually the last one is interesting, but I don't think my suggestions would be welcome: a mobile car crusher for ABs who keep insisting on parking in disabled bays.
    Some scientist regard this a funding possibility, where otherwise there would be none
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.