Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 100 miles in 10 days (handcycle)

All right! You're going to do it!

There's just too many that just talk and not enough choosing to do! I'm talking about everyone, not just sci folks.

I'm taking my 8 yr old son skiing today and it's going to be great! One of these days "Dad" will be uncool and I'll probbably never see him again.

Pat

Mission accomplished.

Total Milage: 101 miles

Day 10: 5.5 Miles
    It was an easy day. My girlfriend joined me and we just cruised through some nice trails along a wooded wash.
    Took some pictures of graffiti and came home to cook bacon, eggs, and pancakes....for dinner It was a great day and I really don't want it to end.
    Sadly, I must return to work tomorrow.
    I'll ride when I can during the week (we're going to be busy at work), but it's going to be pretty much back to riding on the weekends for a few months.

Thanks for the cheers along the way everyone. Patd, I have a few simple beliefs in life. Among them being: Finish what you start (and do it right the first time). And do what you say you are going to do.

My announcement here (and to friends/family) was my commitment to my goal. Remember, the goal wasn't so much "milage" but the time and enjoyment spent on the bike. I rode 8 out of 10 days; that's plenty enough for me to feel accomplished. I don't often have this luxory, so it was fun taking advantage of the free time.

For fun, here's a google map [click here] of my routes from day 7-10 (edited destinations for privacy)
    Routes were recorded with GPS from my phone, which I accired on day 5's no-ride day.
    I've very lucky to have a web of accessible trails right out of my drive-way.
    - A note about the map, the routes you see here are about 1/3 of my normal "stomping grounds". I didn't even head North the past 10 days because of all the rain we've had and the trail goes in and out of a wash many times.
    Phoenix is defiantly handcycle-friendly.

Finally, some stats on the ride.
    Code:
    Total Completed: 101 miles

Day 1: 16 miles (cave creek wash there-and-back)(flooded - path closed at Thunderbird)
    Day 2: 5.2 miles (ASU loop)
    Day 3: 8.6 miles (ASU loop x2 laps)
    Day 4: 23.8 miles (Moon Valley Tour)
    Day 5: 0 miles (wasted afternoon getting phone)
    Day 6: 0 miles (rained all day)
    Day 7: 11.6 miles (Rosemontford quick run with Kinnaman) (cold and windy)
    Day 8: 13.2 miles (Cave Creek/Sweetwater loop)(flooded - path closed at Thunderbird)
    Day 9: 17.1 miles (Cave Creek to Sweetwater to ASU)(flooded - path closed at Thunderbird)
    Day 10: 5.5 miles (Moon Valley nickel tour)(with Brandi)

Average Speed: 8.56 mph
    Actual Time Measured (while moving): 11h:48m
    Estimated Total Time on Bike: 14 hours
    Elevation: min 1081 / max 1283
    Max Grade: -6.7 / +8.5
    Mike
    T4 since 2003 motocross accident.

Very Cool! Thanks for including us.

I had a stellar day skiing with my son yesterday. So much fun being out with him.

Quote Originally Posted by crashmoto View Post
    For fun, here's a google map [click here] of my routes from day 7-10 (edited destinations for privacy)
    Routes were recorded with GPS from my phone, which I accired on day 5's no-ride day.
    I've very lucky to have a web of accessible trails right out of my drive-way.
    - A note about the map, the routes you see here are about 1/3 of my normal "stomping grounds". I didn't even head North the past 10 days because of all the rain we've had and the trail goes in and out of a wash many times.
    Phoenix is defiantly handcycle-friendly.
    Cool. I have the “My Tracks” app on my phone and really like it. You need to make sure your battery is fully charged before leaving though.
    I lived in that part of Phoenix back before my SCI for a couple of years. I used to ride my bike a lot along the canal and in the North Mountain preserve park right there.