Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feasibility of combination allogeneic stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury: a cas

Feasibility of combination allogeneic stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury: a cas

Feasibility of combination allogeneic stem cell therapy for spinal cord injury: a case report

http://www.hongkongstemcell.com/c/e_information_94.php

Medistem Inc.

This looks like it's referring to the same thing as the Medistem Inc. claim.
    I'm wondering if this is the right place to respond seeing that a thread may already exist about this but I do have a question.
    It says that there was a return of motor, bowel, and sexual function. If true because of the therapy, it's great, but nowhere to see anything about bladder function. Is it the same as the other functions and therefore doesn't need to be noted?
    Dennis Tesolat
    www.StemCellsandAtomBombs.blogspot.com

"Change does not roll in on the wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle. And so we must straighten our backs and work for our freedom."
    Martin Luther King

Stemcells and Atombombs what is happening in japan regarding stem cell trials?

Any trials going on for spinal patients with neural stem cells and other stem cells?

If medistem's therapy is replicated in a large sample, wouldn't this discovery be as close as anything we've seen to a cure. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz on this publication. What is everyone thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19
    wouldn't this discovery be as close as anything we've seen to a cure
    ASIA A to ASIA D, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by 0xSquidy View Post
    Tomasichim,

This is what you are saying: we've published a VOID paper that shows NO evidence with NO statistical significance in a LOW IMPACT journal.

I hope you can do better than that.
    This was discussed a couple weeks ago in another thread. You can read Dr. Wise Youngs response to Thomas Ichim.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=142877
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 12-26-2010 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    If medistem's therapy is replicated in a large sample, wouldn't this discovery be as close as anything we've seen to a cure. I'm surprised there isn't more buzz on this publication. What is everyone thinking?
    Mine is that it doesn't make much sense to me. The patient
    was an L1 complete. From what I've read, that's the spinal
    root region, not the cord itself. And repairing lumbosacral
    injuries will require a neuronal replacement therapy, not a
    regenerative treatment.

The method of cell delivery is questionable as well. There's
    no evidence that suggests administering cells intrathecally
    has been effective. Maybe it works differently in lumbosacral
    injuries, but then again, this isn't a neuronal replacement
    therapy.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    This was discussed a couple weeks ago in another thread. You can read Dr. Wise Youngs response to Thomas Ichim.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=142877
    Thank you for the info, i knew about the thread but i havent been able to follow it much longer.

I don't see anything in contradiction with what i said that, btw, seems to have hurt you so deeply that i don't understand.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

You are right Buck Nustier.

But still not much understandable data or research about lumbosacral injuries. I am also incomplete L1. Let us wait for Neural stem cell trials and then we will be able to know about this theory. May be Wise's trials get some good results and many doctors will be trying this treatment on lower injuries too.

Buck–I was under the same impression. However, it seems that the more that I learned about this injury, the more that I find that I need to know. Could it be possible that one of the cell types replaced motor neurons and others helped to facilitate myelination?

Also, I recently read a recent article from the Reeve/Irvine research center that stated that cervical injuries also have a similar problem with loss of motor neurons. So maybe cervical injuries also need motor neuron and regenerative therapies.