Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

  1. #1

    Joan Rivers: A Piece of Work

    I've watched this film twice and find it to be everything you could ask for. Yes, you have the outrageous politically incorrect jokes about the Holocaust, AIDS, Michelle Obama, and enough fucks to fill a porn script with.

    However, you also take a trip with the real Joan Rivers who exposes her insecurities, what makes her sad, and how loving of a person she truly is.

    You see the beauty of her humanity when she delivers food to the ill (via her own charity God Delivers, taking her grandson along with her), talking about her husband's suicide and dealing with it and her daughter in the aftermath, giving grace to God at her Thanksgiving table for being so blessed and reminding those present of their blessings as well, her crying when she has to fire someone who had been with her for over three decades due to his disappearances, and ultimately, an angry encounter with someone who heckles her from the audience when she makes a joke about Helen Keller. The angry man screams at her that the joke wasn't funny and that he has a deaf son. She confronts the man with righteous anger and humor from the stage confessing that her own mother was deaf and that humor about misfortunes and tragedies is a way to get through life.

    Joan Rivers sums it up when she says, "Life is mean," in reference to a photographer she meets while delivering food who had so much beauty and promise, but a disease took it all away.

    It's a great film and despite our different circumstances in life, I see so much of my personality in Joan Rivers and I think you will as well.


  2. #2
    Senior Member wtf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    silver state
    Posts
    3,491
    Is this on dvd Todd? I love Joan I love when she's on Howard Stern and Howard seems to have her on quite often. I also love when she's on QVC she always seem to say something off the wall that makes the host cringe its funny to see them try to keep her in control.

  3. #3
    Saw Netflix DVD, excellent movie. I was amazed what a workaholic she is, her manager (?), Billie was quite a piece of work and needed to be fired after decades of work with and family bonding with the Rivers' family. Joan lives a lavish lifestyle and I could not figure out if maybe she had a large staff and lavish lifestyle because she wanted an excuse to work constantly. The woman seems to have a really good heart.

  4. #4
    I saw it a few months ago when it came out. I went with my sister and 75 yrear old mother who is quite opposite of JR. We all liked it a lot.
    It showed a side of her that people would not normally seen. She has weathered many hard times and is a hard worker.
    The film was well done showing old clips of the unflattering and hilarious.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post
    Is this on dvd Todd? I love Joan I love when she's on Howard Stern and Howard seems to have her on quite often. I also love when she's on QVC she always seem to say something off the wall that makes the host cringe its funny to see them try to keep her in control.
    Oh, sweets, I got the Blu-ray to see and hear my Joanie in high-def. Nothing like a "fuck" from Joan Rivers to brighten my day.

    Yes, it's on DVD, Blu-ray, and you can stream it off Netflix. You'll laugh your cunt off, I swear. Make sure you're extra padded down there.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Oh, sweets, I got the Blu-ray to see and hear my Joanie in high-def. Nothing like a "fuck" from Joan Rivers to brighten my day.

    Yes, it's on DVD, Blu-ray, and you can stream it off Netflix. You'll laugh your cunt off, I swear. Make sure you're extra padded down there.
    When I finally realized it was missing, I had to go back to the theater and get it.
    I called first to see if that is where it was, and they asked for a description.
    I told them it should look like new since it was so seldom used. When I arrived to pick it up they just laughed and gave me the vintage one. They literally had a BOX for them there were so many.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    When I finally realized it was missing, I had to go back to the theater and get it.
    I called first to see if that is where it was, and they asked for a description.
    I told them it should look like new since it was so seldom used. When I arrived to pick it up they just laughed and gave me the vintage one. They literally had a BOX for them there were so many.
    LMAO!


  8. #8
    Next month, a reality show will start with her & Melissa. "Joan's Moving In", I think. I respect anyone brave enough to not use a filter, so much like myself!

Similar Threads

  1. I had to share this -Lucille Ball & Joan Rivers
    By Le Todd in forum Movies & Music
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-02-2010, 10:11 PM
  2. For Todd (article about Joan Rivers!)
    By Eileen in forum Life
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 07:56 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM
  4. Tonight on Three Rivers
    By MarkPals in forum Life
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-15-2009, 11:49 PM
  5. Joan Rivers
    By Le Todd in forum Life
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-12-2008, 12:53 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •