Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Does Anyone Have Any Positive New Year's Resolutions/Goals For 2011?

Well for me it takes a lot of thinking...

I am a very big procrastinator and one of the most disorganized people I know. I am literally writing my goals down for next year and it is taking me forever to categorize them and put it together (one of my problems). If i don't do it this way, nothing will get done.

For Me health Goals/Resolutions always come first as If I feel like crap, nothing else gets done. More to come, if I get them done So Far I have;

Short Term/Everyday Goals to Work On

-Resolve my ongoing Reflux problem which is keeping me down. Haven't had a regular meal since before Thanksgiving.

-Yoga 2-3x/week. Weight bearing exercises 2-3x/week.

-Work back towards a more plant based/Mediterranean diet.

-Daily meditation

-juicing every day, at least 2 per day.

-read at least 2 new books per month.

-catch up with paper work, and clean out the freak'in clutter, continue improving organizational skills

Real Long Term Goal

-Work toward getting certification as Yoga Instructor (we'll see about that
    Last edited by marycsm77; 12-23-2010 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    1) Find out what really is important in my life
    2) Eat better food
    3) Focus on lifting more
    4) Let someone in my life
    5) Set up a plan to visit another country
    6) Stop letting stress in my life
    7) Start meditating daily
    8) Catch all the secret pokemon
    9) Invest in more glow sticks
    10) wear at least 10 silly hats
    You have hit the nail on the head with this one. This is why my Long term goal list has one thing on it. I can't answer this question. If I can't answer this question, there is no list, and therefore nothing to plan for.

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is making any positive New Year Resolutions/goals for 2011. I realize it is cliche to some, but I am genuinely interested in those who are. I have all sorts of things going thru my mind for the coming year regarding health, career possibilities, school. Basically trying to figure out where i'm going and how to get there. I was wondering if anyone would like to share theirs.
    I'm hoping to do a little stand-up for my family on Christmas Day and rip into them. Based on some feedback, I'll consider doing something in New Orleans. I just have to be aware of my audience and what they can tolerate.

I'm always flooded with ideas for writing. My only trouble is I have the concepts in my head, but putting them to paper is horrendous for a perfectionist like me. I suppose that's what makes PCs so wonderful as you can revise according to your will until fully satisfied. I'm concentrating mostly on putting my own story into book form because the memories are so real, it's not a difficult thing to go back and simply write what happened, but I want to make sure it flows well.

I'd also like to maybe write other genres, maybe even homoerotica, but I'd never start with that because I'd want to be taken seriously as a writer before venturing into a sexual story.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    I'm hoping to do a little stand-up for my family on Christmas Day and rip into them. Based on some feedback, I'll consider doing something in New Orleans. I just have to be aware of my audience and what they can tolerate.

I'm always flooded with ideas for writing. My only trouble is I have the concepts in my head, but putting them to paper is horrendous for a perfectionist like me. I suppose that's what makes PCs so wonderful as you can revise according to your will until fully satisfied. I'm concentrating mostly on putting my own story into book form because the memories are so real, it's not a difficult thing to go back and simply write what happened, but I want to make sure it flows well.

I'd also like to maybe write other genres, maybe even homoerotica, but I'd never start with that because I'd want to be taken seriously as a writer before venturing into a sexual story.
    I think writing is your forte todd, just don't let your perfectionism eclipse your creativity. It would be quite a story starting from a young person's perspective and the journey you have taken.

I wish you and everyone the best of luck with all of your future goals and hope they bring you much happiness and success starting the with new year!

Hi Mary
    I made a small list
    1 ) Do more travelling I havent been on a vacation in 4 years
    2 ) Finish a book i've been writing on for eeeons
    3 ) Try to fly and see my parents or Drive but gas is outrageous ...
    4 ) Do more fishing , stock up on fresh catfish
    5 ) Finally finish up the zillion projects from my previous years

Wishing everyone most joyous holidays

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee View Post
    10) wear at least 10 silly hats
    If you know what's good for you...

new years resolution

Keeping it simple-eating better and exercising,that goes for the wife and i both,the exercising is most important to get her out again to do the things she loves,that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Leatherbee View Post
    Stop dating, I've been on three different dates in the last month and taken the woman to nice places and it's been an absolute waste of time and money, all three of them had no sense of humor and I would have much rather been at home watching a good movie or something. I guess when people get to be my age and are still single, better off to just stay that way, dating is really no fun anymore from what I've been seeing the last couple of years.
    Curt,

I agree with ancientgimp. I don't mean to be a buttinsky, but you were so positive about a month ago. I would hate to see a few more bad dates discourage you going into the new year, as a relationship seems to be important to you at this time. Take a break from it when you get frustrated and then back to it when you feel rejuvenated. Don't give up!

Goals for 2011
    To have no clutter and much less stuff.
    For my dogs to have good manners and walk nicely on leash
    To have emergency funds and savings
    To feel fit and attractive
    C3/4 Brown Sequard

Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Curt,

I agree with ancientgimp. I don't mean to be a buttinsky, but you were so positive about a month ago. I would hate to see a few more bad dates discourage you going into the new year, as a relationship seems to be important to you at this time. Take a break from it when you get frustrated and then back to it when you feel rejuvenated. Don't give up!
    Thanks Mary and Ancientgimp, yes I think I'd better take a break. What happened was I decied to not base my preferences at all on looks or physical attraction for my dates since I did'nt seem to be having much luck trying to date only woman I was attracted too. So the last couple of dates I went out with woman I found very unappealing from a looks perspective and it turned out that both their personalities were the absolute worst out of any woman I've ever dated, the experiment was a complete failure. I guess I just figured since they were unattractive they might be really nice people, nope they were both complete bitches. So ya, I'm going to take a long term break from dating, try and loose a few pounds myself, maybe get a face job done and then get back into the dating world and go for the complete package, no more trying to settle, it does not work.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred