hi ladies,
i was happy to see a forum for women only. truly, some of our issues are unique. that's why i started a blog "Lori's Story Life as a Female Quadriplegic" After finally come to terms with my disaability and doing some amazing things as a handicapped woman i madea decision to try reach out to as many newly injured women as possible and help them recover their sense of self esteem,worth, and confidance. when i was 1st hurt i thought i was less then half woman, merely another cripple to be gauked at or worse... ignored. along with the use of most my body, my hands that once were painters and photograghers, i felt i lost my beauty, my sexuality, my womanwood itself. i want other other woman to know that just because their bodies are broken their spirits don't have to be. they are still same beautiful, sexy, intelligent, whatever they were before they were injured and no one except themselves can take that away from them. this isn't all my mission statement but it's close. please check it out.
http://queenquad.blogspot.com
thanks, lori ann