Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gifting Food

I make a cinnamon spiced almond that is much in demand from my co-workers...if they don't get them from me at Christmas, a small riot ensues! I can share the recipe if you are interested.

As far as ordering food, here are some places that I use:

www.earlysgifts.com Southern ham, sausage, country bacon, breakfast baskets, etc.

www.brownies.com (need I say more!?!)

www.boudinbakery.com (for those who have a hard time getting good sour dough bread in their area)

For cheeses:

http://store.tillamookcheese.com/

http://www.cypressgrovechevre.com/ (home of Humboldt Fog cheese)

(KLD)

Thank you everyone for the responses and great ideas! Cheese has won out I think - I can't believe how many different types there are once you start looking for it !

Linda a friend of mine makes pepper jelly - OMG - it's so good. She'd bring some to work for a treat - crackers a little smidge of cream cheese and the jelly on top - yummers !!

Food is the best part of xmas for me !!

Obie
    ~ Be the change you wish to see in the world ~ Mahatma Gandi

" calling all Angels ...... calling all Angels ....walk me through this one .. don't leave me alone .... calling all Angels .... calling all Angels .... we're tryin' and we're hopin' cause we're not sure how ....... this .... goes ..."
    Jane Siberry

Every year my wife smokes a dozen or so 1-pound squares of Tillamook cheddar to give as gifts. They're always appreciated. She makes a couple extras for ourselves, too.
    We make up food packs of things produced in our vicinity - marionberry jam, Pinot Noir, cheese, etc. - for gifts, unless there's a special "normal" gift for the person.

Quote Originally Posted by rfbdorf View Post
    Every year my wife smokes a dozen or so 1-pound squares of Tillamook cheddar to give as gifts. They're always appreciated. She makes a couple extras for ourselves, too.
    We make up food packs of things produced in our vicinity - marionberry jam, Pinot Noir, cheese, etc. - for gifts, unless there's a special "normal" gift for the person.
    That would work for me....Oregon makes some of the finest Pinot Noir available.

All the best,
    GJ