Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Results 91 to 100 of 100

Thread: I messed up with PM and need some advice.

  1. #91
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    Hmmm??
    I dont get all of what your saying. I also know that NYC is a very different place than the small town I live in currently. I lived on 39th and 9th (hells kitchen NYC) for 5 years. As far as my old PM/GP Dr, who was just an MD, they certainly can do a drug screen and a culture if I signed a PM contract.
    They do a dip panel test with some urine, then send off the rest for the culture I asked to be done. If that dip panel test cost "700 bucks" i can see why our healthcare system is so screwed. The only reason I thought perhaps something was found during the culture, was because of the 2+ week later time frame that I was notified of being discharged for an "illegal substance" showing.
    As far as any crime being considered a "race crime", I would be inclined to think some prejudice is involved.
    Many Cops AND Drs have a god complex and do what they want, as you showed by NYSP actions. As i have showed by my Dr. pulling patient abandonment on me. Many Cops and Drs are great people as well. It depends.
    As I stated in a later post, I dont drink much either, if i do drink socially I am usually holding the same beer in my hand all night.
    Yes doing any Hard Drugs while on PM OR NOTcan be dangerous, if you get carried away for sure. Hardly "asking for death" tho, IMO.
    I think you may be a bit confused of the situation, if you are basing your conclusions upon only reading my original post.

    Peace
    B
    Baron,
    Are familiar with the "Open Door" on 41st street and 9th avenue in Hell's Kitchen? It's on the SW corner. There's a cheap pizza joint across the street and an Empire coffee across the street on 9th between 41st and 42nd.

  2. #92
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in the Rocky Mountains
    Posts
    8,148
    Baron
    I think you are gonna live through this...We have no choice right? LOL

    Hang in there!!!! Glad you found some compassion even if it is in the strangest of places LOL (a urologist)
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

    My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

  3. #93
    Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    Baron,
    Are familiar with the "Open Door" on 41st street and 9th avenue in Hell's Kitchen? It's on the SW corner. There's a cheap pizza joint across the street and an Empire coffee across the street on 9th between 41st and 42nd.
    I lived in H.K. from 14 to @ 19, so its been a while, but yes. That is my old neighborhood. At that time i believe it was a covenant house type place, correct? If so Im am quite familiar with it and all the "crazies" that were about that area. I moved there from BFE (having 3 horses in my backyard) to live with my father. It was a DRASTIC change in scenery to say the least. Crackheads everywhere. I stayed out of my neighborhood as much as possible! lol. Mostly hung out,skated, in the east/west village.
    Whoa...bringin back some crazy memories. I believe I wrote a short story in high school (high school for the humanities on 17th) about a kid that stayed at the "open Door". It was a sad story....
    Why do you ask?
    peace
    B
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

  4. #94
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    I lived in H.K. from 14 to @ 19, so its been a while, but yes. That is my old neighborhood. At that time i believe it was a covenant house type place, correct? If so Im am quite familiar with it and all the "crazies" that were about that area. I moved there from BFE (having 3 horses in my backyard) to live with my father. It was a DRASTIC change in scenery to say the least. Crackheads everywhere. I stayed out of my neighborhood as much as possible! lol. Mostly hung out,skated, in the east/west village.
    Whoa...bringin back some crazy memories. I believe I wrote a short story in high school (high school for the humanities on 17th) about a kid that stayed at the "open Door". It was a sad story....
    Why do you ask?
    peace
    B
    It moved last year. It is a facility for the homeless. I asked because I worked there.

  5. #95
    Quote Originally Posted by darkeyed_daisy View Post
    Baron
    I think you are gonna live through this...We have no choice right? LOL

    Hang in there!!!! Glad you found some compassion even if it is in the strangest of places LOL (a urologist)
    We have a choice, but, I choose to "stand and fight".
    Yea my urologist....thank God. I needed a Dr. to fax a referral over to the PM specialist. Thats the "ONLY" way to get medicare/medicaid secondary to cover the 400$ visit. After trying for 2 days to get the E.R. Dr. to get it faxed over, I remembered my urologist. He was an MD so i figured it was worth a shot. Plus i do have a slight UTI and am probably gonna have a Shockwave Surgery by him to break up a couple small kidney stones now. Yea, he helped me a great bit.
    Thanks
    B
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

  6. #96
    Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    It moved last year. It is a facility for the homeless. I asked because I worked there.
    Wow! When? That must have been an interesting job, to say the least. Not to call the "homeless" crazies, but many were. I can see how being homeless in NYC could drive you to madness.
    They have cleaned up my neighborhood and it is now called "Clinton", but when i lived there it was WILD. 42nd street was something like i have NEVER seen before, and will never again. Disney bought up 42nd from the Port Authority to broadway(and behond?). I saw that all take place. I couldnt believe skating down the forty deuce and it slowly becoming a "ghost town". Then they Remodeled and Reopened a Beautiful Theater, corner of Broadway and 42nd. Slowly they "Disneyfied" the rest. I guess its better for the tourism industry and safety of its citizens, but i liked the rawness of the old Forty Deuce...
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

  7. #97
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    Wow! When? That must have been an interesting job, to say the least. Not to call the "homeless" crazies, but many were. I can see how being homeless in NYC could drive you to madness.
    They have cleaned up my neighborhood and it is now called "Clinton", but when i lived there it was WILD. 42nd street was something like i have NEVER seen before, and will never again. Disney bought up 42nd from the Port Authority to broadway(and behond?). I saw that all take place. I couldnt believe skating down the forty deuce and it slowly becoming a "ghost town". Then they Remodeled and Reopened a Beautiful Theater, corner of Broadway and 42nd. Slowly they "Disneyfied" the rest. I guess its better for the tourism industry and safety of its citizens, but i liked the rawness of the old Forty Deuce...
    There are people there from all over the country who came to NY, for various reasons. Homeless, drug addicts and/or people with psychiatric illness make up the population. I left a few years ago. I would say semi-gentrification would be an accurate description of the neighborhood. There is still plenty of questionable activity going on. It was a hard job.

    "Clinton" is a real estate word that was attempted to be used at one time, but no one ever calls it that. In fact i've never heard anyone in NY actually use the name myself.

  8. #98
    Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    There are people there from all over the country who came to NY, for various reasons. Homeless, drug addicts and/or people with psychiatric illness make up the population. I left a few years ago. I would say semi-gentrification would be an accurate description of the neighborhood. There is still plenty of questionable activity going on. It was a hard job.

    "Clinton" is a real estate word that was attempted to be used at one time, but no one ever calls it that. In fact i've never heard anyone in NY actually use the name myself.
    I think your pretty on point there. Im sure it was a hard job. It was a hard place to live for sure. It made me a stronger person and "grow up" over night tho.
    Yea I thought it was funny when they tried changing the name.
    It will ALWAYS be Hells Kitchen to me.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

  9. #99
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by barondidit View Post
    I think your pretty on point there. Im sure it was a hard job. It was a hard place to live for sure. It made me a stronger person and "grow up" over night tho.
    Yea I thought it was funny when they tried changing the name.
    It will ALWAYS be Hells Kitchen to me.
    When did you leave NY Baron?

  10. #100
    I lived in NYC from @ 92 to 98. Then I met a girl and we decided to move upstate NY, Woodstock area, after doing a lot of camping in the Catskill mountains. Its very beautiful up there.
    Has it been five years yet? ..........

Similar Threads

  1. U.S.A. is messed up
    By van damn in forum Life
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 12-21-2007, 06:15 AM
  2. messed up toe...what to do???
    By smfrg in forum Care
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-04-2007, 06:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •