Thread: What can you do?

What can you do?

I am a C-5/C-6 incomplete since 1-26-08. I do not know any other people with such an injury in my area. I realize that everyone with a SCI is different and I have gone on youtube to see what others with my type of injury are actually capable of. I get along quite well with the use of a cane on most days, some days I cannot even get around the house well. What is your injury and how do you get around?

Hi "Xtravia,"
    I am C6/7 complete quadriplegic. I used a manual chair until about 10 years ago. Due to overuse shoulder injuries, I now use an Invacare TDX-SP with power tilt. I have no hand function. You are so right, every injury is so different.

All the best,
    GJ

hi im c5 c6 incomplete. i can move my arms but no hand function. i use a manual chair. you are blessed that you can walk.

Quote Originally Posted by davidsons View Post
    hi im c5 c6 incomplete. i can move my arms but no hand function. i use a manual chair. you are blessed that you can walk.
    I hate to say, 'blessed' as some feel religion or religious beliefs are what make some get return as opposed to others. But that person better feel blessed.

I walked on crutches for about 37 years. I do not walk any more and use an Invacare TDX-SP and just got my van.
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne