Thread: What do the kids want for Christmas?

What do the kids want for Christmas?

NL and I are finishing up our Christmas shopping and are stuck on a few of the nieces and nephews and wee friends. What are you buying for the "younglings" in your life this year?

Age Categories:
    Boys: 3 - 6 years old?
    Girls: 3 - 6 years old?

Boys: 7 - 10 years old?
    Girls: 7 - 10 years old?

Boys: 11 - 13 years old?
    Girls: 11 - 13 years old?

The older kids are getting gift cards.

Merry, Merry,
    GJ

boys 3-8...loves color changers...matchbox cars that change color when you put water on them.

Both my Goddaughter who is four and my friend's daughter (who is six) loves anything dealing with Princesses from Disney. Also Dora is in for the wee ones.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

my 7yr old bro loves anything star wars or lego related. he also loves the hess trucks that u only get at xmas! 14yr old bro loves anything football related. so for xmas i will get them lego star wars and madden for the wii. hope this helps!
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

I second the Lego idea for boys. My 9 year old loves to put them together. My 7 year old daughter is into Littlest Pet Shop, Polly Pockets and art supplies. For the pre-teen girls I recommend nail polish, lip gloss, body spray/perfume, etc. I've made little gift bags with an assortment of those in the past.

personally i'd give the girls knitting/crochet kits with pretty yarn. that was popular when i was that age but it's been awhile! i'd also give legos to the girls. i was a tomboy so loved those kinds of things
    "Smells like death in a bucket of chicken!"
    http://www.elportavoz.com/

3-6 girls= zhu zhu pets.

I'll never understand, but it's what they want.

it's like a pullback springloaded car, but it looks like a hamster.
    zzzzz

they're not that expensive individually, but you can build up a gift by getting more than 1, or the sets or whatever.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

also 3 - 10 wants those paper jamz guitars
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    3-6 girls= zhu zhu pets.

I'll never understand, but it's what they want.

it's like a pullback springloaded car, but it looks like a hamster.
    zzzzz

they're not that expensive individually, but you can build up a gift by getting more than 1, or the sets or whatever.
    Yea, the hamsters are dumb I don't see what all the hype is about with them. Last Christmas you couldn't buy them sold out everywhere. Im thinking people buy them cuz they are cheap, but wonder how long the kids actually play with them?! I bought one for my dog last year and she likes to play with it. You just touch its back & it scooters around all over making noises.
    Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

Books are my favorite. And I saw an ad recently (Hallmark cards maybe) where you could record yourself reading a book. I thought that would be great for preschoolers.
    T7-8 since Feb 2005

I think books are good for any age. The ten year old grandson is getting legos and the two year old daredevil is getting one of those electric quad runners, Disney Cars.

The soon to be eighteen granddaughter is getting money, and not much of that! lol

Santa does a sock for them at my house too, and they'll get their usual pj bottoms I make them every year. That's all the adult kids are getting this year. Been a rough economy this year! I'm glad I just had to worry about the three grandchildren.
    Doing the stockings every year can be a bit expensive, this year's won't have as much in it, but I think they'll still have fun with them.

I don't get the hamster thing, they were mentioned and frankly, I ignored it.