Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My trip to X-Cell.......

Hi Matt, thanks for your testimonial.
    Everyone has an opinion about if a cure will or not be possible, some believe in God, others don´t. There are some profiting millions from spinal injuries same way there are some bad priests in church.... The most important it´s what we can see working either on your body or spirit and you got improvements. That´s good.
    If we would all wait untill something would come up just like that...it wouldnt.
    You did your part, others are doing too and i believe that is the right path to find the best treatments.
    Please keep us updated if you feel any changes.

"4000+ implantations over the last 4 years" and no published clinical data to prove efficacy of their treatment. What's your excuse? Pardon? Cant hear you!

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    No. It sounds like you'd better hurry up and allow X-cell to
    scam you again before it's too late.

SOURCE
    Wow really?!?

Have YOU ever been to X-Cell yourself or are you just going off of what people post online?!

I Have been to X-Cell in Koln and experienced the treatment myself, November 12th of 2009. Immediately following the treatment I started to feel my muscles more in my lower legs (where I don't have much sensation/where the pain is)

They injected 13,000,000 cells with a 96% vitality rate.

The only problem I had was a burning sensation from L1 to S3 which I could get rid of by taking the meds they gave.
    The plane ride back sucked, but I hung in there...

It has been a year since and since the "treatment" I have been able to strengthen my legs, and sexual function and bladder/bowel control has improved.

What you don't understand, is that X-Cell IS NOT A CURE, they DO NOT Promise a CURE OR ANYTHING, so you shouting around about "4000+ implantations with not efficacy blah blah blah" is pretty hilarious.

I love it when people go around reading bullshit stories and make their opinion BASED ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BULLSHIT RATHER THAN GETTING YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE. By the way, did you miss that comment on that post you sourced? ROFL

What I will say about X-Cell is, if you've got the money, and are curious to try it. Do it... It's not going to kill you, and you can Only get better, so why not?
    Last edited by thedose; 12-24-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Guys, xcell bexcell; when we get real certified results from Wise, we will no longer be talking about xcell. wise knows this and I expect some honest critique of the Hong Kong Trials.

Quote Originally Posted by thedose View Post
    Wow really?!?

Have YOU ever been to X-Cell yourself or are you just going off of what people post online?!

I Have been to X-Cell in Koln and experienced the treatment myself, November 12th of 2009. Immediately following the treatment I started to feel my muscles more in my lower legs (where I don't have much sensation/where the pain is)

The only problem I had was a burning sensation from L1 to S3 which I could get rid of by taking the meds they gave.

It has been a year since and since the "treatment" I have been able to strengthen my legs, and sexual function and bladder/bowel control has improved.

What you don't understand, is that X-Cell IS NOT A CURE, they DO NOT Promise a CURE OR ANYTHING, so you shouting around about "4000+ implantations with not efficacy blah blah blah" is pretty hilarious.

I love it when people go around reading bullshit stories and make their opinion BASED ON SOMEONE ELSE'S BULLSHIT RATHER THAN GETTING YOUR OWN EXPERIENCE. By the way, did you miss that comment on that post you sourced? ROFL

What I will say about X-Cell is, if you've got the money, and are curious to try it. Do it... It's not going to kill you, and you can Only get better, so why not?
    ------------------------

Hi thedose,

I am happy to hear you got such great return of function. I believe you are the exception

and not the rule. I went to China in 04 and got very little return, however one of the early people got an amazing amount of return. Naturally people looking to improve their condition were impulsevly focused on the best news. it didn't take long before he even knew he was the exception to the rule and advized against it.

100's probably thousands still went chaceing that hope. I would venture to say 95% plus were disappointed, not that they did it but with the results.

To encourage people to try some thing with such terrible odds is wrong.

This was Dr. Huangs threatment.

Then came Beike and the cycle repeated in greater numbers.

Now Xcell

And what has anyone ever asked of them but to collect and publish data for review.

I believe they believe they are trying to help individual people, however if they wanted to help society and advance science, instead of lining they're pocket book they would do the proper trials.

You talk about the bullshit stories and not to belittle yours or my friends recovery but when most believe they'll get this but won't......what part is bullshit.

We are doing a lot to scrap up money here for trials based on published science and to advising people to spend money on a crap shoot don't make science, and yes it could kill them, maybe not the surgery but by not investing in legitament trials. time is not our friend

Good luck on your recovery.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Guys, xcell bexcell; when we get real certified results from Wise, we will no longer be talking about xcell. wise knows this and I expect some honest critique of the Hong Kong Trials.
    Keeping On, If you are not interested in the thread, why do you click on it?

Wow really?!?

Here here!!
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Wow really?!?

Slightly contradictory considering you, X-Cell and a handful of others "posting" anecdotal evidence about X-Cell "online".

If X-Cell believe they are doing something good, they will have no problem at all with their therapy being peer-reviewed. They are taking advantage of a loophole in the German law to take advantage of desperate people. And when this loophole is closed they will move their plush clinics and customer service to another unsuspecting European country.

May I suggest another perspective to this issue? The purpose of clinical trials is to provide evidence that a treatment is safe and effective. X-cells charges substantial fees for an unsubstantiated experimental therapy, uses anecdotal data to attract patients to pay for the therapy, and does not publish information in peer-reviewed journals to indicate the safety or efficacy of the procedure.

X-cell has been pushing the use of autologous bone marrow cells for treating spinal cord injury and other conditions for many years. I remember posts on this subject (please do a search of Kleinboesm) dating back to 2005. There has been more than adequate time and opportunity for this group to have published a study of the treatment. If this treatment works, it should be applied for to many more people all over the world.

Yes, there have been anecdotal stories that this treatment has improved people. At the same time, I know many people who have gotten no improvement from this therapy at all. Should negative or non-positive anecdotes be dismissed? Should people go and pay for a therapy that works only in 1 out of 20 patients or even 1 out of 5 people?

By the way, the placebo response is usually about 40%. In other words, if you treat any kind of disease with a therapy (particularly one that people pay money for and that involves surgery or injection), about 40% or more of the people will report a positive outcome and that it helped them. So, a 5-20% improvement is actually lower than a typical placebo response.

As companies have gotten better and better at measuring responses and doing clinical trials, the placebo response has been increasing (Source). A recent study of placebo response in PLOS suggests that the placebo response occurs even when the patient knows that he/she is receiving a placebo.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/he...rceptions.html
    Perceptions: Positive Spin Adds to a Placebo’s Impact
    By NICHOLAS BAKALAR
    Published: December 27, 2010

Can taking a placebo be effective even if the patient knows it is a placebo? A new report suggests the answer is yes.

In a study published online last week in the online journal PLoS One, researchers explained to 80 volunteers with irritable bowel syndrome that half of them would receive routine treatment and the other half would receive a placebo. They explained to all that this was an inert substance, like a sugar pill, that had been found to “produce significant improvement in I.B.S. symptoms through mind-body self-healing processes.” The patients, all treated with the same attention, warmth and empathy by the researchers, were then randomly assigned to get the pill or not.

At the end of three weeks, they tested all the patients with questionnaires assessing the level of their pain and other symptoms. The patients given the sugar pill — in a bottle clearly marked “placebo” — reported significantly better pain relief and greater reduction in the severity of other symptoms than those who got no pill. The authors speculate that the doctors’ communication of a positive outcome was one factor in the apparent effectiveness of the placebo.

“The magnitude of effect here is very large,” said the lead author, Dr. Ted J. Kaptchuk, a researcher at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston. The goal, he added, would be to develop a clinical strategy to use the placebo effect ethically, without lying to a patient.
    Wise.

Thanks Wise......