Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Peristeen status in U.S.?

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    how often do you reorder?

So far I've replaced the 2.5 qt enema bag, which developed a minuscule leak (it's made like an ordinary leg bag) and had to replace the one-way valves that connect to the "Higginson" bulb syringe, which break down eventually. The rest of the kit is just tubing, so is robust.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    So far I've replaced the 2.5 qt enema bag, which developed a minuscule leak (it's made like an ordinary leg bag) and had to replace the one-way valves that connect to the "Higginson" bulb syringe, which break down eventually. The rest of the kit is just tubing, so is robust.
    thanks stephen, how long have you been using it?
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    thanks stephen, how long have you been using it?
    Made the switch over in July.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    In its place, I am now using more generic enema equipment (see below), which I order from the optimalhealthnetwork.com.

Note: I insert the silicone tube ~15"-20". Some water escapes during filling. After I withdraw the tube I dig-stim and empty very completely and as quickly as I did with the Peristeen.
    Thanks stephen212. Had never heard of the Peristeen, but I have been thinking of trying a do it yourself colonic for sometime. Appreciate your willingness to share.

I am a bit confused by the purpose of the Higginson squeeze pump and (I assume) one way flow valves. All of the descriptive literature seems to envision gravity feed into the colon, and I seen nothing about a pump. Can you clarify? Thanks.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3rd View Post
    Thanks stephen212. Had never heard of the Peristeen, but I have been thinking of trying a do it yourself colonic for sometime. Appreciate your willingness to share.

I am a bit confused by the purpose of the Higginson squeeze pump and (I assume) one way flow valves. All of the descriptive literature seems to envision gravity feed into the colon, and I seen nothing about a pump. Can you clarify? Thanks.
    Let's clear up some terminology first, I'm not performing a colonic. That involves lying on your side or back and infusing a great deal more water with the intention of emptying the entire colon.

I do my BP sitting on the toilet. After inserting the silcone tube, I squeeze the Higginson syringe to instill water into the colon. Gravity is not a factor with the system that I'm using. I use a closed enema bag (other enema bags are open at the top and are mounted high up and gravity is involved), which I have resting on the shelf of the sink next to my toilet, though I could just as easily place the bag on the floor like the Peristeen. The Higginson fills with water, which is forced out when you squeeze it and refills again when released. It's all quite simple.

Thanks. Any advice on how to make judgements about the amount of water your are pumping in? Rough amounts that you are using?

Could not agree with your more that what you eat is the most improtant thing. For a variety of reasons, the last being Dr. Terry Wahls experiences, we are eating a lot more veggies and not just the bowel program but blood pressure, cholesterol, memory, energy are all better.
    T4 complete, 150 ft fall, 1966. Completely fused hips, partially fused knees and spine, heterotopic ossification. Unsuccessful DREZ surgery about 1990. Successful bladder augmentation using small intestine about 1992. Normal SCI IC UTI problems culminating in a hospital stay in 2001. No antibiotics or doctor visits for UTI since 2001: d-mannose. Your mileage may vary.

Quote Originally Posted by gac3rd View Post
    Thanks. Any advice on how to make judgements about the amount of water your are pumping in? Rough amounts that you are using?
    It's a 2.5qt bag and I use every last drop.

Paristeen

I don't know of any updates on Paristeen, however I have had UC Davis Medical Center in California request one for my wife. We will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by memory4 View Post
    I don't know of any updates on Paristeen, however I have had UC Davis Medical Center in California request one for my wife. We will see what happens.
    It is PERISTEEN not Paristeen.

Did they agree to order it? How is your insurance paying for it? My understanding is that it is only available right now to individuals by private payment, since no private or public insurances have yet authorized payment or reimbursement.

(KLD)

I bought the Peristeen kit while overseas. I am a bit worried about trying to figure it out on my own, as the brochure is pretty adamant that you need to get someone to show/explain how it works. Would someone who uses it be kind enough to give a step-by-step explanation, specifically with regard to the right amount of water to use. Thanks!