Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Peristeen status in U.S.?

So I found the number and they said it is illegal here in the US. They said I would have to go to another country to buy it.
    Where are you guys getting the info that it will be avalible. I would like to talk to someone about it???

Quote Originally Posted by newbee View Post
    So I found the number and they said it is illegal here in the US. They said I would have to go to another country to buy it.
    Where are you guys getting the info that it will be avalible. I would like to talk to someone about it???
    Maybe check with the company’s HQ in Denmark.

http://www.coloplast.com/Pages/home.aspx

Thumbs up Peristeen is not illegal in US

I spoke with FDA prior to ordering Peresteen from an Australian med supply house. FDA specifically stated that the worse case would be a US customs guy destroying it, but what do you think the chances are of a customs official recognizing that there is no FDA approval?

In any case, I recieved mine in December and have been using with success. It's a huge life change improvement for me.

Any update on this??
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    Any update on this??
    The only thing I know is that my physiatrist told me she is recruiting people for a study on it, so it must be close to be available in North America but when ...? Anyway, no need to wait if you want one.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    The only thing I know is that my physiatrist told me she is recruiting people for a study on it, so it must be close to be available in North America but when ...? Anyway, no need to wait if you want one.
    Do you know any of the particulars of the study? Who's sponsoring it? In what locations?

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Do you know any of the particulars of the study? Who's sponsoring it? In what locations?
    Unfortunately no, I told her I was interested (was wishing for free samples considering their prices ) but when she told me I had to go on-site for it (not sure if you need to use it there but that's what I was afraid of), I said no thank you. I think it's sponsored by Coloplast. I have no more details and it was the 1st time I was seeing her so I don't have much contact with her. Maybe call Coloplast and ask? Sorry not to be more helpful.

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    I just received this from Australia. It says that the water bag can only be used 15 times. I ordered the extra catheters but I don't see where to order replacement water bags. Where can these be ordered from. Do they last longer than instructed.
    Thanks
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Don't worry forestranger52, I have been using the same water bag every day for 3 months now. If I was you I would just order a spare unit (pump, bag, 2 catheters) if you like it in case something breaks.

As for the catheters, reuse them until they pop. Even after mine popped I continued to use it without the balloon, in my case it doesn't leak but you need to hold it there while pumping though.

I use the waterbag until it starts to bulge, sometimes til it pops haha x you can do the same with the catheters and use lubricant on them for anything after the 1st use.