Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Peristeen status in U.S.?

Can anyone that uses peristeen tell me how then handle their BP when traveling? From what I recall it is not a small unit.
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

It packs into a case smaller than a laptop case x

Don, You shaved!!

Quote Originally Posted by leahcaprice View Post
    It packs into a case smaller than a laptop case x
    yep !
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)

I just saw it, had it confused with the PIE. This looks very interesting. Hopefully we will have some news soon.

Anyone knows if this can be used intermitently? Like on trips, or on particular ocasions, or does this increase the risk of accidents with the unit?
    T6 complete (or so I think), SCI since September 21, 2003

Quote Originally Posted by paramoto View Post
    Anyone knows if this can be used intermitently? Like on trips, or on particular ocasions, or does this increase the risk of accidents with the unit?
    Each person is different but I would answer yes, it could be used only occasionally without problems or increased risk of accidents if used properly (which means that, obviously, if the person never used it in the past, decides to put a liter of fluids inside his/her colon then eliminates 500 ml of it and decides to board a plane 30 mins later without waiting for the rest to come out .... chances are that the pilot may have to turn back around because of other passengers' complaints .... )

Question for those that only do just reflex-type stuff normally (no chemicals), and then tried this for 'easy cleaning' on those corked up days...does this create lingering ass-boogers such as found when suppositories?

Any cost per use info?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Question for those that only do just reflex-type stuff normally (no chemicals), and then tried this for 'easy cleaning' on those corked up days...does this create lingering ass-boogers such as found when suppositories?

Any cost per use info?
    No.

Cost would be prohibitive (to me at least) if catheters were used just once (around 17$ each). Washing/disinfecting and reusing them until the balloon pops, very little (once the system is bought). I have been using the same catheter every day for about 40 days now. 17$/40=42 cents per use until now ...

Quote Originally Posted by JGNI View Post
    No.

Cost would be prohibitive (to me at least) if catheters were used just once (around 17$ each). Washing/disinfecting and reusing them until the balloon pops, very little (once the system is bought). I have been using the same catheter every day for about 40 days now. 17$/40=42 cents per use until now ...
    It can't hurt, but why is it necessary to disinfect something that you're sticking up your ass, which is already an e.coli wonderland? At most the catheter has the same organisms found there in the first instance?

I'd disinfect for storing more safely between uses.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.