Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Peristeen status in U.S.?

Peristeen status in U.S.?

Any update on the Peristeen status in the United States?

Blog Entries
    The Coloplast web page still does not list USA as one of the countries on the "How to get it" page.

http://www.coloplast.com/products/ur...wtoobtain.aspx

Don
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Had a meeting with the team from Coloplast a couple of weeks ago to discuss evaluation of the system for use at our center. While it has been FDA approved, they are still developing their marketing and distribution plan and it will be sometime next spring before it is commercially available in the USA. They are currently traveling around the country meeting with key clinicians at major SCI centers. Stay tuned.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Had a meeting with the team from Coloplast a couple of weeks ago to discuss evaluation of the system for use at our center. While it has been FDA approved, they are still developing their marketing and distribution plan and it will be sometime next spring before it is commercially available in the USA. They are currently traveling around the country meeting with key clinicians at major SCI centers. Stay tuned.

(KLD)
    I think this is ridiculous.

(1) This has been available for years in Europe;

(2) We were led to believe it would be available before the end of this year, i.e. 2010, earlier; and

(3) Why do you need a marketing and distribution plan that takes 10 months to put in place? It's not a Moon mission here, it's just a product. Just package it and sell it, what's the delay?

Quote Originally Posted by xsfxsf View Post

(2) We were led to believe it would be available before the end of this year, i.e. 2010, earlier; and

(3) Why do you need a marketing and distribution plan that takes 10 months to put in place? It's not a Moon mission here, it's just a product. Just package it and sell it, what's the delay?
    Agreed. Somehow this is emblematic of the times we live in -- in the US, anyway.

I use this system, but am not sure how long it's been around. I was in rehab in 2009, and the consultant recommended it, but nursing staff were a bit less enthusiastic.

One thing that did emerge was that your home medical practice needed to agree funding. So even here, there is something of a medical centre lottery.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

hi, can someone explain to me could this work for me? I'm a high quadriplegic and currently my bowel program is done in the bed by a nurse. Would this work in the bed?

No, it is really designed for use on a toilet or commode. You would have to have a better way to contain both the expelled water and stool in bed than just a disposable Chux (as can be done with regular bowel care in bed).

With any bowel management method, you will empty better and more completely in a seated position than laying down.

(KLD)

Maybe they need a catchy slogan.

Got constipation, try some irrigation, neurogenic bowel got you feeling foul? Get that colon squeaky clean, try Peristeen!

Blog Entries
    LAMO!
    Don
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury