Thread: Body gone wild... Sweating in bed

Body gone wild... Sweating in bed

Hello everyone,

For the past 2-3 weeks my body has gone nuts at night.. As soon as I hit the bed my left side starts sweating like a sprinkler system, and my right side gets frozen cold. I've changed position to no success. Checked everything for cause and can't narrow it to anything.

As soon as I shift position a little, the sweating stops for 15-20 mins the increases gradually again.

I know I have to schedule a doc appointment to check on it, but since these take so long to get, I just want to hear that syrinx symptoms are different?
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

The only time I would sweat like that was when I had a UTI.

My husband occasionally has that happen. He calls it "half and half." One side is cold and clammy to the touch and the other hot all the way from his forhead to his feet.
    There seems to be no rhyme or reason for when.
    He is usually too cold.

Hi Polett,

Do you have Brown Sequard Syndrome, where this type of symptom can be common.
    If not, did this just start happening? Any other symptoms, especially neurologically, such as change in function, numbness, tingling,etc?

AAD

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hi Polett,

Do you have Brown Sequard Syndrome, where this type of symptom can be common.
    If not, did this just start happening? Any other symptoms, especially neurologically, such as change in function, numbness, tingling,etc?

AAD
    Hi AAD,

No, no Brown Sequard Syndrome here.

Also, no change in function or numbness, tingling or anything... I've been complaining of feeling fatigued easily, but I think that's just the kind of activities I've been carrying on.. and I've been better lately... balance kind of screwy, but again, I'm spending about 14-16 hrs sitting at desk on computer.

This sweating is only when I'm in bed. When I'm up I'm fine. And I tried opposite positions, so can't be pressure (I think)
    Thoughts become things, choose the good ones!

I used to sweat profusely whenever I lay down. This lasted some months and was miserable. I'd get soaked every night. I never worked out what the cause was, and it just went away on its own (mine wasn't one sided though).